Not getting some text messages

mtndewgood

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Not getting some of my text messages since the update. Sometimes I get no message at all and another time I got about ten the day after they were sent. This didn't happen before ICS update. Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I also have had issues with texts on ICS.. At first Handcent wasn't notifying me of new texts, so I tried GoSMS, and that also is not displaying some of my incoming text notifications.. Hours later people will text me again and then I'll get a notification, and I'll see both texts (the earlier one and the one they just sent).

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having problems too. Not getting a number of texts sent to me, although these never come through at all. I assumed it was a problem with Sprint, but now I wonder...

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't see this issue at all while using the stock app, however when using SMS Popup sometimes it fails to alert me of some txt's but when I open the messanger app, they are actually all there... strange...

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't see this issue at all while using the stock app, however when using SMS Popup sometimes it fails to alert me of some txt's but when I open the messanger app, they are actually all there... strange...

Not for me...the stock app doesn't have them either.

I'm not entirely convinced it isn't Sprint. This has happened before and it was due to some tower issues. Only reason i wonder if it might be ICS is because it only seems to be happening to me. My wife isn't affected (she has an iPhone).

/Tapatalker

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
...I'm not entirely convinced it isn't Sprint. This has happened before and it was due to some tower issues.

I agree: as you say, it has happened before.

Only reason i wonder if it might be ICS is because it only seems to be happening to me. My wife isn't affected (she has an iPhone).

Interesting... we'll need more people to chime on this and see if there is a pattern.

mlief

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Today I got a few that went to regular SMS instead of Google voice. First issue I've had since the update but did fit the pattern described.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
My wife's phone has been having a lot of trouble with texts as described in this thread. She uses Handcent. She does not use Google Voice, so her texts are going through Sprint only.

I don't have as many troubles as she does. (Although I don't send nearly as many texts as she does.) I have been using the stock app. The only time I was really noticing having trouble was when I was futzing with Google Voice setup a few days ago, after updating to ICS. I attributed those problems to me getting GV balled up. :)

My wife claims her reception is not nearly as good as it used to be either, with lots of dropped calls.

cabrone

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have this issue slightly but usually I can't send. Either MMS gets hung up for days or sms fails instantly after sending.

Tapped

bugz_92

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have this issue slightly but usually I can't send. Either MMS gets hung up for days or sms fails instantly after sending.

Tapped

Yeah I have had the same problem. And what's worse is that I wont know that it didn't send until i try to text them again and realize it is still trying to send. It get hung up. I use Handscent btw.

mtndewgood

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
What's also weird about mine is I use NoLed.. sometimes I will get a notification of a text and open up messages, but nothing is there. Then hours later I get several messages at once. Happens at work and home. Work I have really good service too.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I contacted Sprint and I got the usual canned response - the first we hear of these, no reported service issues in your area but we'll look into it. Has anyone else communicated with Sprint about this?

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been having the issue of some messages showing up but late with no notification, so I have no idea they are there.

The messaging app has also been crashing like crazy; like I will open it and it will just go ahead and close if I try and enter a specific message thread. It has taken up to 5 or 6 attempts to type a message, and this happens every other time I open it.

It is driving me crazy- is there anyway to uninstall the official messaging app and re-download it?

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious... How many of you have done a hard reset before or after ICS update? I only ask because whenever I do a major update like this, a hard reset has really kept issues away for me. My Nexus is super smooth on ICS and I hard reset on GB before I updated

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been having the issue of some messages showing up but late with no notification, so I have no idea they are there.

The messaging app has also been crashing like crazy; like I will open it and it will just go ahead and close if I try and enter a specific message thread. It has taken up to 5 or 6 attempts to type a message, and this happens every other time I open it.

It is driving me crazy- is there anyway to uninstall the official messaging app and re-download it?

Did you integrate your phone with Google voice? This sometimes happens to me if I'm in an area with bad coverage.

sent from my iPride 5G

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site
SOLVED!

Well, it's 8:36 am and i still haven't slept yet. But i fixed all the problems with my phone thank god. MMS was simply not working with my phone and I also couldn't download anything off of play market.

After hours of messing around and reinstalling 95 different ROMS to try to fix some of these problems, i realized all you have to do is update your PRL and Profile. Setting>About Phone>Sprint System updates.

The thing is for me at least it constantly failed updating. If that happens to you i figured out all you have to do it turn on 4g. Even if you don't get 4g reception (which I don't), it will update flawlessly. After I did this all of my messages and picture messages were sending and receiving with absolutely no problems at all.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
My wife's phone has been having a lot of trouble with texts as described in this thread. She uses Handcent. She does not use Google Voice, so her texts are going through Sprint only.

I don't have as many troubles as she does. (Although I don't send nearly as many texts as she does.) I have been using the stock app. The only time I was really noticing having trouble was when I was futzing with Google Voice setup a few days ago, after updating to ICS. I attributed those problems to me getting GV balled up. :)

My wife claims her reception is not nearly as good as it used to be either, with lots of dropped calls.

I am stock, using the stock messaging app, and I have problems sending and receiving texts.

I also have noticed decreased reception since ICS update.