Confirmed coming 5/8

rc28a

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Just got the mail:

The Nexus S 4G from Google launches 5/8.
You are receiving this because you signed up for the Nexus. Not seeing the images? View online or go mobile.
Sprint Phones Plans Accessories
4G fast and Google to the Core
Launching 5/8: Nexus S? 4G.
Stay one step ahead with the latest updaters from Google, always. Available 5/8.
With pre-installed Android? 2.3 (Gingerbread), a 1GHz Hummingbird processor and unbelievable speed, you don't want to miss this one.
Explore More
Coming 5/8. $199.99 After $200 instant savings. Requires a new-line activation (or eligible upgrade) on an Everything Plan with Data, Premium Data add-on and two-year Agreement.
Nexus S? 4G
Come to any Sprint Store and pre-order yours.
To have your name added to the wait list, simply purchase a $50 Sprint Gift Cart at a Sprint Store as your deposit. You will then be able to use the card towards the Nexus S 4G from Google beginning 5/8 at that same store.
Find a store
Find us on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
Visit sprint.com/nexus Go find a store

Label facing right

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Let's hope so. But I doubt it, probably 529ish.

Edit: probably not foudn this in the fine print on Sprint's nexus page, "Phone Offer: Offer ends 06/04/11. While supplies last. $399.99 (two-year price) - $200.00 (instant savings) = $199.99 (final price)." So the 2-year price is really 399.99 and they usually add 150 to that for out of contract price so probably around 549.99

Blove23

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Its funny how Sprint released this phone after they ended the instant rebate on May 7th. Sure its going to be $199.99 at the Sprint store, but you will probably shell out $299 with a mail in rebate of $100. This is the problem with Sprint, they already shot themselves in the foot with the Nexus S.

I have decided to go with Verizon and get the ThunderBolt. In no time Google will have a phone on the LTE network.

RamboDroid

A|C Fanboy
Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I was told why they stopped the instant rebate is to help prevent people from fliping the phone on ebay/craiglist. By forcing the actual rebate it requires the person activating the phone to keep it active on that upgrade line for 30days.

god_trentonj

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I was told why they stopped the instant rebate is to help prevent people from fliping the phone on ebay/craiglist. By forcing the actual rebate it requires the person activating the phone to keep it active on that upgrade line for 30days.

that is interesting... I don't know why they would care if I flip it or not... if I'm getting the phone for that price, they have me for another 2 years....

jimmycinla

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

It doesn't matter what handset is on the account the rebate will still come. All they care about is that the 2yr plan is still active. I've done it several times.

mtbykr

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

That's good spin, but not true. Just means more people going through Best Buy

RamboDroid

A|C Fanboy
Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
That's good spin, but not true. Just means more people going through Best Buy

That just what the Sprint Rep told me over the phone the other day I wasnt do for an upgrade till October and I talked he into making me eligible now and she did then she told me that i need to use it my may 7th if i want instant rebate. I asked why is that so important and see said that way i can freely move that phone to another one of my lines with out problems. Then she explained to me the reason sprint doesnt like to do instant rebates is to prevent people from fliping phones. She said if i upgrade after may 7th i would not be able to activate any phone on that upgrade line for 30days due to the processing of the rebate.

RamboDroid

A|C Fanboy
Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't matter what handset is on the account the rebate will still come. All they care about is that the 2yr plan is still active. I've done it several times.

Huh well thats interesting. In Nov 09 i got the Hero with a upgrade that was my bothers line from Best Buy they were instant rebates. And the sales associate said that i must keep that phone active on the line for 30 days. So 10 days into it i got on line and attempted to move my hero from my bothers line to my line (both lines are on the same family package) and it wouldnt let me do it online so i called it and they would not let me do it due to a processing rebate on that line.

That was a while ago so maybe things have changed and maybe the Sprint rep i talked to yesterday just doesnt know much.

automatous

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Won't sprint offer a "First to Buy" opportunity to Premier members a few days prior to 5/8? I believe this was done with the Echo. Was there a FTB offered for the Evo, Epic or Shift?

I'd like to go through Sprint if I can avoid the MIR. Assuming there is no MIR, do you have to pay tax on $299 (as opposed to $199)?

automatous

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
True, but why else would sprint have submitted the sprint.com/ftbnexus url on its site? [See ]Sprint | URL Request

I went to Sprint's site and looked up prior press releases for the Pre, Evo, Epic and Evo Shift and each specifically mentioned a $100 mail-in-rebate. Notably, Sprint's release made no mention of a MIR for the Nexus. Maybe they're keeping the "instant savings" for the Nexus. I hope so.

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The very first post in this thread clearly indicates that the price is $199 after $200 instant savings. Seems pretty clear to me.

mtbykr

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
That just what the Sprint Rep told me over the phone the other day I wasnt do for an upgrade till October and I talked he into making me eligible now and she did then she told me that i need to use it my may 7th if i want instant rebate. I asked why is that so important and see said that way i can freely move that phone to another one of my lines with out problems. Then she explained to me the reason sprint doesnt like to do instant rebates is to prevent people from fliping phones. She said if i upgrade after may 7th i would not be able to activate any phone on that upgrade line for 30days due to the processing of the rebate.

Sorry I wasn't directing the comment at you, I just don't believe that's the real reason sprint is doing away with the instant rebates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty