Transferring my Evo data, apps, contacts, bookmarks, etc. onto Nexus S

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have several apps that I want to transfer over to my Nexus like GBABoid and N64oid. Plus I have my contacts, text messages, and such. Is there any way to transfer that over or does Google does that since I have syncing on my gmail even though I use Exchange?

And what about the new cloud service? is that google music? I ask because I have music on my Evo though all of it is backed up on my computer.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If your evo is rooted you can use titanium backup, if not, then whatever is on your SD card is what you can save pretty much. Check out mybackup also.

If you're in the Google music beta, then Download the Google music app, sign in, and there's your music. Thats what I did, its pretty slick and it doesn't take up any of our 16GBs :D

I don't know if you're aware, but ill say it anyways, your paid apps will be listed in the my apps section of the market when you sign in on the nexus and most of your apps will restore via the cloud. Although the app data wont be.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Double post that I can't delete via tapatalk grrr

Lol.

If your evo is rooted you can use titanium backup, if not, then whatever is on your SD card is what you can save pretty much. Check out mybackup also.

If you're in the Google music beta, then Download the Google music app, sign in, and there's your music. Thats what I did, its pretty slick and it doesn't take up any of our 16GBs :D

I don't know if you're aware, but ill say it anyways, your paid apps will be listed in the my apps section of the market when you sign in on the nexus and most of your apps will restore via the cloud. Although the app data wont be.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

I don't have it rooted. I tried to use Z4Root but it wouldn't work. I know my paid apps will show up and such :( but there goes my Angry Birds data again. I worked hard on those 3 stars lol.

How long does it take to get an invite from Google Music Beta? And what exactly is the cloud you're referring to?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If your evo is still on froyo you can root it and save it all but if its on gingerbread... All is lost.

Im referring to google's cloud storage that your data is sync'd too for safety, ease, and awesomeness :p

Well you can apply to get in the beta, who knows. music.google.com

yara29

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Transferring my Evo data, apps, contacts, bookmarks, etc. ont

How can I transfer my contacts from my Evo HTC to my nexus s from my Gmail if I don't have my evo phone and this phone don't use a memory card.

8616v

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

your contacts are all on googles servers. 5min after you sign in to your new device they'll be on your phone...its like magic ;)

tokuzumi

May 29, 2010
Visit site

I'm not sure if it is still there, but an app did exist to backup your angry birds progress. The seasons backup app was free, but the angry birds backup app was like a $1.

If you sync your contacts on your phone with your gmail account, when you log back in on the new phone, they will be there, once you log in.

I use SMS Backup & Restore, which is a free app in the market. It doesn't back up MMS...just SMS.

If you download Dolphin Browser HD, you can download a bookmark backup, called Bookmarks to SD. It allows you to backup the bookmarks from the stock browser, as well as restore saved backups to the stock browser.

Be careful with apps like Titanium Backup. If you try to restore data from an app that comes from a different phone, or even a different rom for the same phone, you can run into errors, and force closes. Some have no issues with this, others have this problem. YMMV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya