Calendar App with Exchange

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Anyone using a non-Moto calendar app with an exchange server link? I've had trouble with a couple of calendar apps not adding events to an exchange linked calendar. Just wondering if anyone else has experience (good or bad).

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry - I don't mean an app like Touchdown to interface with Exchange. I just mean any calendar app on the phone as an alternative to the stock calendar. Jorte, Pure Calendar, Smooth Calendar, etc. I've had a couple of issues, and I'm wondering if others are using those apps with success.

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Anyone using a non-Moto calendar app with an exchange server link? I've had trouble with a couple of calendar apps not adding events to an exchange linked calendar. Just wondering if anyone else has experience (good or bad).

Using stocker with MS Exchange and have zero issues. What's up specifically with your 3rd party stuff?

bj

Evan

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I missed the ability to search the calendar like I could on my evo 4g so I installed Business Calendar. It has search and some nice options. Give it a try.

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The issue: additions made on the phone side (adding an event) do not get pushed through to the exchange side. New events DO come through from exchange to the phone, but not the other way around.

It works fine when using the stock calendar app, though.

Last edited:

michaelp68

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm having this exact same problem. I'm wondering if a solution was found.

My phone syncs to an Exchange Server.

I'm using the Business Calendar app.

When an event is added on the computer, it syncs just fine to my phone to Business Calendar.

When an event is added on the phone with Business Calendar, it is not syncing into the Exchange Calendar.

Evan

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. I'm using Business Calendar Pro and just tested this functionality. I never noticed because I don't use my Exchange calendar much, but I added a couple events to it using Business Calendar and then a third event using the Motorola calendar app. Only the item added through the Moto app showed up on the Exchange server.

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I'm glad to see this thread come back. The problem was never resolved for me. I use Jorte, not Business Calendar. I also tried Pure Calendar, and got the same result. I think it's the Photon, not the apps. I traded a couple of emails with Jorte's support and they basically stopped responding once I had fully explained the issue.

Somewhere I thought I saw that the OTA update that everybody is getting today had a fix for something related to Exchange. I can't find that forum post anymore, and I can report that the OTA does NOT fix the issue.

My best guess is that some field in the calendar database is getting set to the wrong value, and the exchange link must not recognize the new event. The strange part is that the stock calendar app works just fine. It's only the 3rd party apps that do not work.

DrV#CB

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue with Business Calendar not able to schedule a meeting on my exchange Outlook calendar, but the stock Moto calendar app can. Additionally, the Moto calendar app can resolve names of invited guests that are members of the exchange server, but Business Calendar can not. I was under the impression that 3rd party calendar apps like Business Calendar piggy backed on the stock Moto calendar, is that not the case?

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Mike

aaron the elder

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I have tried several 3rd party calendars, to no avail. I have the same problem where i can enter an event in the stock calendar and it syncs immediately, but if i enter an event in any app other than the stock one it will not sync. It will go the other way, however. If i enter in exchange, it pulls to all calendars. The event even shows up in my stock calendar but will not show up in my outlook calendar on my PC via exchange!!

Anyone ever find a fix?

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Nope. No fix.

My current workaround is to use Pure Grid Calendar Widget and set it to use the stock calendar whenever you add a new event. Not my ideal solution but it gets me by.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana