Multiple problems since update :(

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I had the battery drain issue that several others have documented until I finally gave in and did the hard reset. But the list of "other issues" has gotten so long and utterly maddening that I am ALMOST ready to purchase a new phone (at the best price I can find)! :mad::mad:
1) It requires at least one reboot a day for web pages to work or load (e-mail being the worst offender)
2) It is automatically updating multiple apps a day and I can't find out why or how to stop it
3) About every other day it resets my alarm sounds
4) I have No Lock installed (and yes, I did uninstall it and re-install it), and about once a day the phone will wake itself up and it will be on the lock screen
5) About once a day (at least) when I get a text I DON'T get any notification sound which requires one or more reboots to get it to work again
6) E-mail takes forever to load and almost daily requires a reboot to get it to update
I have done PRL, Profile, and Firmware updates but problems persist. I have tried the "UICC Unlock" (which I have no idea what it is!) but I get "the profile update could not be completed. Please try again later. If problem persists contact customer service" message.
I am NOT a happy person when my phone is acting up! I am also a bit "tech challenged". I would REALLY APPRECIATE any help/suggestions I can get on these issues!!!! And, I am convinced that the people that work at my local Sprint store know a whole lot less about an S4 than I do! They literally stand around and look at you as if you are from another planet, mumble between themselves and then say they know of no issues like that and just move on! Every time I go in there I leave so angry I think if I had a grenade I would toss it back in behind me and rid the world of the mindless idiots taking up space in the building!! :mad:
Please, help me :'(
P.S...Sometimes on a reboot when I press the home button to show "history" I get the little android guy with "MIPErrActiv..." when I click on it for app info it comes up "com.sec.app.MIPErrorNotifier"

Last edited:

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
1) do you have a weak signal or are you through wifi? Does it happen the same on other wifi networks? Sounds like signal or router issue. Do you have the wifi toggle on but don't have wifi? Just tossing that out there.
2) I believe you can turn off automatic updates in the play store. Which apps are doing this.
3) no idea, are you using the alarm sounds that came stock or are you using a custom sound that you may have on an sdcard?
4) don't know what No Lock app is, I'm guessing you don't want a lockscreen? This has to be a conflict in the settings of lockscreen. Is there not a 'None' option in the stock lockscreen settings? I have it on mine but I'm not stock, no need for an app.
5) are you using the stock messaging app or a third party app? Could be a settings conflict if your on a 3rd party app or could be a setting in that no lock app that your not getting notification while phone is sleeping.
6) this probably goes with #1. Is it the stock email app or 3rd party. Could be conflict between the two if so but sounds like a signal issue to me, again. If your on wifi maybe it's a router issue.
*you don't need to mess with uicc unlock, it's not related. Has to do with your sim card.
You shouldn't be having to reboot so much, but it sounds like it catching a signal when you reboot but can't hold on to it because it's to weak of a signal.

Posted via Android Central App

star444

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I tried searching for MIP Error and found several discussions. The error has something to do with connectivity.

- Have you tried a PRL update?
- Has your phone been rooted?
- Have you deleted any file?
- Many references mentioned Sprint. Is that your carrier?

Info: Sprint mip (mobile ip) error codes

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-photon/116323-mobile-ip-registration-response-error.html

My advice would be to do a factory reset, and then hold off on installing any apps to see if the problem continues.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I also get that error, if came after the last update. Doesnt matter if you're rooted our not it showed up in both states for me.
I get it every time my phone drops signal. Seems to only happen for a second though so I don't know what's going on.
I froze it with titanium backup and that stopped the pop-up and I don't notice any side effects. Not sure if you can disable it if your stock. If you go under application manager and choose all its listed as com.sec.app.MIRErrorNotifier. It is annoying though.

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
1) do you have a weak signal or are you through wifi? Does it happen the same on other wifi networks? Sounds like signal or router issue. Do you have the wifi toggle on but don't have wifi? Just tossing that out there.
2) I believe you can turn off automatic updates in the play store. Which apps are doing this.
3) no idea, are you using the alarm sounds that came stock or are you using a custom sound that you may have on an sdcard?
4) don't know what No Lock app is, I'm guessing you don't want a lockscreen? This has to be a conflict in the settings of lockscreen. Is there not a 'None' option in the stock lockscreen settings? I have it on mine but I'm not stock, no need for an app.
5) are you using the stock messaging app or a third party app? Could be a settings conflict if your on a 3rd party app or could be a setting in that no lock app that your not getting notification while phone is sleeping.
6) this probably goes with #1. Is it the stock email app or 3rd party. Could be conflict between the two if so but sounds like a signal issue to me, again. If your on wifi maybe it's a router issue.
*you don't need to mess with uicc unlock, it's not related. Has to do with your sim card.
You shouldn't be having to reboot so much, but it sounds like it catching a signal when you reboot but can't hold on to it because it's to weak of a signal.

1) It happens on both WiFi and 4G. The WiFi is a strong signal in my house, the 4G is a bit weak at work, sometimes going back to 3G. I have WiFi on at home but turn it off before I leave the house in the am.
2) Fixed this. Knew I was missing the setting somewhere!
3) Custom sound.
4) I didn't realize I could turn off the lock screen in settings. Have done so now! Still don't understand why the phone would just wake itself up?!
5) Stock messaging app.
6) Stock email app.
My phone is stock, not rooted. I do have an Airave in my house and it gives me full bars throughout my house. I also have a good WiFi signal at home. These issues seem to occur at random, both on WiFi at home and/or 4G away from home.
Any solutions?

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried searching for MIP Error and found several discussions. The error has something to do with connectivity.

- Have you tried a PRL update?
- Has your phone been rooted?
- Have you deleted any file?
- Many references mentioned Sprint. Is that your carrier?

Info: Sprint mip (mobile ip) error codes

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-photon/116323-mobile-ip-registration-response-error.html

My advice would be to do a factory reset, and then hold off on installing any apps to see if the problem continues.

I have done all the updates, PRL, Firmware and Profile. I am stock, not rooted. And yes, I'm on Sprint.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
You can use an app like wakelock detector to see what's waking your phone up, that will most likely be an app.
If your not going to use that no lock app, clear it's cache and data from the app manager and uninstall, just to make sure there were no settings conflict.
Whats your router brand, I've read certain routers are fussy with this phone, that could be a player but you also said it happens w/o wifi so maybe not.
Give that wakelock detector app a whirl and if that leads you nowhere try the factory reset. Make sure you backup contacts, music and anything else you don't want to lose, back them up in cloud or your ExtSd card first.
So I'm thinking dlink router issue, rogue app, bad modem.

Posted via TriForced Sprint GS4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo