Have Sprint. Considering Galaxy S4 or iPhone 5

Jon G1

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I am on the Sprint Network and I am considering either a Galaxy S4 or an iPhone 5. I am undecided but was leaning toward the S4. Then I read all of these reviews of the S4 on this thread. I wanted the S4 because I am quite familiar with Android. I also know the S4 has a quad-core processor, unlike the dual -core iPhone 5. Anyway, I thought the S4 would be a great phone, but these Sprint related issues are very troubling.

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have had my S4 for 3 months and it is flawless. There is not a single problem and not one thing the iPhone 5 does better. Once you use that super clear and sharp 5" screen you just laugh at the iPhone 5 when you see it. You are also getting the latest and greatest OS where as iOS 6 is just plain old, tired, and boring. There is nothing to consider buy the S4 and move on with your life.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I love my S4 and haven't had any problems with it. I recommend it over the iPhone 5 (I had one for about a week before I got my S4).

Sent from my humble S4

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
There will be some big phone announcements and releases the first couple weeks of September if you don't get a phone by then. Note 3, LG G2, iPhone 5s, Moto X. But I like my GS4 but those phones will be better...... Except the iPhone unless they do something completely different and innovative, with the software and hardware, but that won't happen.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with my s4 and Sprint :) I've had the iPhone 5 on Sprint before too and no problems at all with that either! I do prefer the s4 over the iPhone though, just because of all of the nifty little stupid things it does. I got bored with the iPhone too quick.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I had an iPhone 5 since January and just got an S4 yesterday. Both are great devices, I just got very bored with iOS as my daily driver. You have to see which is better for you!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

tylerjames09

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
the iPhone and iOS get boring after a few weeks, which is exactly why i like the s4 because they packed it with so many features, on top of the already customization Android OS, that it is nearly impossible to get bored with it. S4 for sure, you wont regret it.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
There's no question the S4 is a more intriquing toy than the iPhone. For those looking for a phone that won't "bore" them any android device is a better option than iOS.

Sent from my humble S4

Last edited:

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Don't get the iPhone 5, now would be a really bad time to do so. Its still 200 to upgrade to, and the new 5s/6 will be out either in September or October (haven't heard anything about the launch date yet, but judging by previous launches, it should be soon).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jcari324

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Take it from me, the Iphone 5 is crap on the Sprint Network. I had it since December (Christmas present from hubby) & it was nothing but issues from day 1! I just switched over to the Samsung Galaxy S4 this passed weekend and so far, its been great!

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
The s2 was the glitchiest phone ever lol an iPhone would serve better if you actually wanted the the to work

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Never had any glitches with the Sprint version. (Epic 4G Touch) But it could never keep up with my typing. Even swiftkey couldn't do it.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Never had any glitches with the Sprint version. (Epic 4G Touch) But it could never keep up with my typing. Even swiftkey couldn't do it.

It was the phone that had the most insurance claims when I worked at best buy. Not that some wasn't user error but a lot of it just plain not working smoothly.

Things similar to the typing and a lot of freezing. If you need something reliable it wouldn't be my first choice.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
It was the phone that had the most insurance claims when I worked at best buy. Not that some wasn't user error but a lot of it just plain not working smoothly.

Things similar to the typing and a lot of freezing. If you need something reliable it wouldn't be my first choice.

So, what do you think of the S4? Is it all that you had hoped? Really thinking about it. Just scared that the signal strength will be subpar.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
All that I hoped and more. I'm very happy with my decision to switch from my iPhone 5.

It kind of sucks in basements data wise (the caf at my job is in the lower level) but for the most part I'm not as disappointed as I thought I'd be. My calls are always crystal clear. Even at home where I'm mostly roaming.

But when I had my iphone I was with Verizon so I think my signal issues are more with the fact that I switched to sprint than anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movefla19