Unimpressed with focus Galaxy S4 camera?

Scott_LAN

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
The focus on my S4 camera seems to be very poor once pictures are shot. I can focus the camera when tapping the screen but the pictures become "busy" after the picture is taken. The anit-shake option is set so I don't know what else could be causing my problem. Has anyone else experienced this issue with the camera?

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
One thing to keep in mind is that the S4 is better at well lit pictures. If you're indoors in a shaded area, if you're not using the flash there may be focus blur.

Mitri360

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a question about the focus. I was trying to focus on something and it focused on everything else but what I wanted. How do I force it to focus on something in front of it

Scott_LAN

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
i've tried changing the camera settings and letting the autofocus feature take over, but my pictures are still very blurry especially with the slightest motion of an object that i'm trying to capture..whether i'm indoors/outdoors, good light/poor light.

Run_amuck

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Try the app called "focal" ive gotten better results most times as I have it configured to have a faster flash.

also if your in low light- use night mode with the flash mode off- it wont be as bright, but it will help with blurriness definitely

jackhannaford

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
That's a good suggestion thank you. I am having a similar issue to OP in that my focus is rubbish, however when using the optical reader app the camera is hyper-crisp and able to focus much, much better close up (the other one doesnt even seem to try). I have approached Samsung about this issue but they said a factory reset would fix the problem.. it did not..

If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

bgbdsuisue

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Scott, i had the same exact problem and fixed it, works perfect and instantly now. Open the camera app, go to menu/settings/metering mode/matrix. Hope that helps