Another Happy Ex-Sprint Customer

woward

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Sprint just gave me yet another reason to rejoice over dropping them and moving to Verizon.

About a month ago I left Sprint after having an unlimited multi-phone family account with them for over a decade. I left because Sprint's coverage in much of California (and all across the West) is terrible - I live in the SF north bay area, had a 4G phone for 2 1/2 years and only once had 4G coverage (that was during a visit to LA). I was out of contract when I cancelled my service and moved to Verizon. I called Sprint when I terminated service and was told that they would pro-rate my final bill to accomodate my mid-month termination and that a credit would be applied for the unused portion of the final month's service. Of course, when I got my credit card statement Sprint had billed me for the full period with no pro-ration of the bill. I called, went through five levels of "customer service" during a 50 minute telephone call, with a final resolution being told to pound sand, they don't pro-rate so screw the consumer. This is the final nail in my-Sprint's coffin - I'll never do business with them again and will happily share my sad tale with anyone who asks my opinion of Sprint. Sprint happily charges customers for every day (proration) at the beginning of a contract but simply banks a full month's worth of charges at the end of every contract, effectively ripping off their customers as they exit the Sprint system. It probably results in a huge amount of unearned revenue for Sprint but (from reviewing literally thousands of online complaints) creates a huge pool of angry, spiteful ex-customers. It's pretty easy to understand why Sprint is nearly bankrupt and is losing customers at a furious rate.

Oh, on a positive note, it has been simply wonderful having our new Verizon phones this past month - we've had virtually constant data coverage wherever we've traveled in California, almost all of it extremely fast 4G and have not had a single dropped call. Our phone service has finally met 21st Century standards after being in the dark ages as a Sprint customer. And, although we gave up "unlimited" data, our actual monthly usage charge for the first month with Verizon resulted in lower total montly cost than our fixed-rate Sprint bill.:)

Bill in the North Bay loving my Samsung Galaxy S4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I left for T-mobile but.. I don't see why you came here to post that. This would of been better in the Verizon Forums.. This place is for Sprint customers.

Also you must of not yelled hard enough.. They can't charge you for half a month when you didn't have the service. That doesn't even sound legal... Just like carriers can no longer charge a full ETF if you stay with some of the contract.. It has to reduce each month because.. Well you held your commitment. Same with the phone bill.. If they didn't provide service for that half of the month.. Well yeah. Also another reason I NEVER have auto billing.. I have to log in and pay the bill so companies can't do that ;).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I wonder what people get out of coming into the Sprint forum to profess that they're no longer with Sprint. I never understood what they get out of that, like some need of Validation or something.

I never came into the Sprint forum to Cheer, YAY! I'm with Verizon now, paying more money, getting less Data, and a insanely congested LTE network here in NYC.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wonder what people get out of coming into the Sprint forum to profess that they're no longer with Sprint. I never understood what they get out of that, like some need of Validation or something.

I never came into the Sprint forum to Cheer, YAY! I'm with Verizon now, paying more money, getting less Data, and a insanely congested LTE network here in NYC.

Always curious why you went to them. Did you just blindly choose? I've heard Tmobile is decent in NY with HSPA and some LTE.

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes....Of course...Didn't realize Verizon was already starting to get congested....Should've went with AT&T while I wait on Sprint.....AT&T's pipes are as bogged down yet as Verizon's is, although who's to say how much longer that will last. Seriously these Mega Cities like NYC, Chicago, LA need all 4 carriers in the game to balance out the loads. As people jump from the Slow Network to the other's it does nothing but Congest those LTE networks as well with all the new users from the other network.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes....Of course...Didn't realize Verizon was already starting to get congested....Should've went with AT&T while I wait on Sprint.....AT&T's pipes are as bogged down yet as Verizon's is, although who's to say how much longer that will last. Seriously these Mega Cities like NYC, Chicago, LA need all 4 carriers in the game to balance out the loads. As people jump from the Slow Network to the other's it does nothing but Congest those LTE networks as well with all the new users from the other network.

Understandable. Did you check Tmobile though? I see you mentioned ATT.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm just doing things wrong on these AC forums. I guess I have to go to the AT&T, VZW, and T-mobile forums to actually read stuff about Sprint. Been trying to check things out here but nothing but talk by people who've moved on and are obviously must not get anyone to respond to them in their respective current carrier forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm just doing things wrong on these AC forums. I guess I have to go to the AT&T, VZW, and T-mobile forums to actually read stuff about Sprint. Been trying to check things out here but nothing but talk by people who've moved on and are obviously must not get anyone to respond to them in their respective current carrier forums.

Mikey I used to be like you... But honestly a lot of people don't post here. Notice we are only talking about in appropriate threads... Such as this one. Not the others like tri-band LTE... Also notice how I asked the guy why did he make this post....

I was just asking Lenny because I know he is on Verizon but likes Sprint so I'm asking why did he chose the most expensive carrier while he wants for the Sprint New York network to catch up so he can switch.

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
TMO is good for just in NYC....I travel all over the 95 corridor, TMO has some serious holes outside the cities. What done is done, by the time my Contract is up on Verizon Nov'2014 Sprint (Hopefully) will be done with NV, and LTE on all three Bands. So I can come back without problems. I like Sprint's way of doing things better... CS, Plans, Liberal on the Hardware Specs (i.e Unlocked Bootloaders) and my Voice Service was solid for me.... Just couldn't take the slow data, so I take the Detour (Verizon) until my construction on my main road (Sprint) is complete.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
TMO is good for just in NYC....I travel all over the 95 corridor, TMO has some serious holes outside the cities. What done is done, by the time my Contract is up on Verizon Nov'2014 Sprint (Hopefully) will be done with NV, and LTE on all three Bands. So I can come back without problems. I like Sprint's way of doing things better... CS, Plans, Liberal on the Hardware Specs (i.e Unlocked Bootloaders) and my Voice Service was solid for me.... Just couldn't take the slow data, so I take the Detour (Verizon) until my construction on my main road (Sprint) is complete.

Ah that makes sense. Yeah if you travel Tmobile isn't friendly to that lol.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Mikey I used to be like you... But honestly a lot of people don't post here. Notice we are only talking about in appropriate threads... Such as this one. Not the others like tri-band LTE... Also notice how I asked the guy why did he make this post....

I was just asking Lenny because I know he is on Verizon but likes Sprint so I'm asking why did he chose the most expensive carrier while he wants for the Sprint New York network to catch up so he can switch.

Yep, it just seems there are more non-Sprint people posting here than anyone else.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been with Sprint for years and love the service I get!

TAPATALKIN FROM MY HTC ONE, ON THE NOW NETWORK!

Love Sprint, been with them for 13 years, their coverage in nyc is excellent. My friend on ATT, dear heavens, her coverage SUCKS. The only thing i was unhappy about with Sprint was the phone selection, what a crappy selection we always ended up with and for years i've stayed with the Palm Pre b/c i've hated all the phones. But FINALLY, now that the moto X is out i'm 100% happy, Love my Sero plan too. : ).

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
No carrier is good everywhere. Choose based on location. I'm in the Atlanta area and Sprint is excellent for me. I have fast 4G LTE everywhere I go.

Sent from my incredible new Nexus 7 (2013)

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
No carrier is good everywhere. Choose based on location. I'm in the Atlanta area and Sprint is excellent for me. I have fast 4G LTE everywhere I go.

Ditto for me on all of these points, including the spectacular 4G LTE coverage all over the Metro Atlanta area.

Mav. :cool:

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my incredible new Nexus 7 (2013)

One of the most intelligent posts in the entire AC community.

I was on Sprint with my wife until work decided to get me a phone to 'their' account. Thus now I'm on AT&T. Guess what, all the carriers have +'s & -'s!!! WOW, who would have thought...

Doesn't make a difference which one you have at my house, they ALL get 1 bar.

"validation is weakness"

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't begrudge anyone who needed to leave Sprint because of the state their Legacy network is in, and the wait for NV is just too slow to wait out. I get that perfectly understandable. But to constantly parade around in the Sprint forums of all place, that you've moved on to X-Carrier and are now over the moon, and to keep hi-jacking every thread with that same song and dance. I just don't understand, what does that accomplish, do these people feel more superior now to those still on Sprint or something? If I loved Verizon all day long, I would be in the Verizon forums shouting it, it does nothing to further the conversations in the Sprint forum, hell if I was over the Moon about Verizon I would probably never come back into the Sprint forum, why, why should I still care about Sprint when I'm complete happy with my new carrier and have no intentions of coming back to Sprint.

I'm sorry but it's called Trolling.