Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    buggyman's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

    Default Where are the phones for Sprint at CES

    I like to follow the news at CES. I am seeing all these new phones coming out but dont see any for Sprint. I have been with Sprint now for 9 years and I have no complaints except for the lack of phone selection. I got 2 Evo's at launch but am due for an upgrade in 30 days. However there is no phone that is worth upgrading on SPrint from the Evo. And it doesn't look like anything worth it is coming. Just wish Sprint would have a better selection. I see why Sprint can get away with the Premier upgrade because there is no phones to upgrade to. Just my .02 Wish Sprint would be more aggressive in this area.
  2. #2  
    verks's Avatar

    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buggyman View Post
    I like to follow the news at CES. I am seeing all these new phones coming out but dont see any for Sprint. I have been with Sprint now for 9 years and I have no complaints except for the lack of phone selection. I got 2 Evo's at launch but am due for an upgrade in 30 days. However there is no phone that is worth upgrading on SPrint from the Evo. And it doesn't look like anything worth it is coming. Just wish Sprint would have a better selection. I see why Sprint can get away with the Premier upgrade because there is no phones to upgrade to. Just my .02 Wish Sprint would be more aggressive in this area.
    I was wondering myself. I have an EVO and hope an EVO 2 is on the horizon. (I'm sure in the summer)

    But I was hoping for something now. I will probably wait for an EVO 2 anyway. You cant beat HTC quality and the hackability. I'm just greedy for a new device. I can't even remember the last time I had a device for 7 months.
  3. #3  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    13,375 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default

    That's exactly what I was thinking from today's announcements (aside from the evo shift), the Lg 2x and experia phones are the two without carriers. I'd bet Lg to Sprint before Sony though.

    let's hope tomorrow is a betteer day since we have not officially heard from Sprint or HTC
  4. #4  
    Jim01's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

    Default

    Anybody know what time things are scheduled for today?

    I am jonesing for a new phone. EVO feels a tad big for me so was leaning towards a Shift, but I would kill for the Optimus Black. Come on Sprint! I really just want to know what you are getting and when. If you are getting the Optimus Black in the next month or two I'll wait. Otherwise I'll jump on one of the EVOs.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Sprint is definitley falling behind in this area. I am really getting annoyed by the lack of phone selection that we have. I am actually considering switchng carriers.
  6. #6  
    verks's Avatar

    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

    Default

    The old rule of thumb is to never switch carriers for a phone.

    If you have to switch stay clear of at&t, IMHO. I had them for a the longest time and my buddy still does. They never change, the service still blows and calls still get dropped.

    Verizon is the only real choice. Too bad they will steal your bank roll.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Yeah, does anyone know the schedule? Does Sprint have a keynote? I'll be very disappointed if nothing else comes. Maybe sprint is keeping quiet because they are going to help HPalm launch their 4g phones in Feb?
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robro10 View Post
    Sprint is definitley falling behind in this area. I am really getting annoyed by the lack of phone selection that we have. I am actually considering switchng carriers.
    Well, the EVO has only been out for 6 months, the Epic for less than 5 months, and the Shift is now out. I'm assuming that there will be another flagship by June.

    I'm not sure how Sprint is falling behind, given that those three are still comparable with the other top end phones, and the vast majority can only move annually or biannually.
  9. #9  
    dwd3885's Avatar

    Posts
    747 Posts
    Global Posts
    767 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bujin View Post
    Well, the EVO has only been out for 6 months, the Epic for less than 5 months, and the Shift is now out. I'm assuming that there will be another flagship by June.

    I'm not sure how Sprint is falling behind, given that those three are still comparable with the other top end phones, and the vast majority can only move annually or biannually.
    Agreed. All these phones being announced, NONE of them are coming out immediately. Sprint has time...But I'm getting worried!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    buggyman's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bujin View Post
    Well, the EVO has only been out for 6 months, the Epic for less than 5 months, and the Shift is now out. I'm assuming that there will be another flagship by June.

    I'm not sure how Sprint is falling behind, given that those three are still comparable with the other top end phones, and the vast majority can only move annually or biannually.
    I disagree. They are completely falling behind on being more about ground breaking phones and good selections. They announced the Evo at CES last year. That is when I started following it. So it has been known about for a year. THey have not announced any phone except the Shift 4g, which is a complete let down IMO. I have no use for key boards or Samsung phones (Epic). I would of liked it better if it was just a regular Galaxy S phone without the slider
  11. #11  
  12. #12  
    rawvega's Avatar

    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CleanROM 2.9.5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buggyman View Post
    I disagree. They are completely falling behind on being more about ground breaking phones and good selections. They announced the Evo at CES last year. That is when I started following it. So it has been known about for a year.
    I'm pretty sure that the Evo was announced at CTIA, not CES. Sprint doesn't seem to ever go all out for CES.
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buggyman View Post
    I disagree. They are completely falling behind on being more about ground breaking phones and good selections. They announced the Evo at CES last year. That is when I started following it. So it has been known about for a year. THey have not announced any phone except the Shift 4g, which is a complete let down IMO. I have no use for key boards or Samsung phones (Epic). I would of liked it better if it was just a regular Galaxy S phone without the slider
    Well, the fact that the new offerings didn't strike your fancy is very different than saying that they're "completely falling behind".... and there's 5 months before EVO purchasers are eligible for upgrades. If that's not good enough, then maybe changing carriers is a good idea - if you think its worth paying for early termination.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    buggyman's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

    Default


    Sorry but those are lower end phones. Nothing ground shattering there.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    buggyman's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rawvega View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the Evo was announced at CTIA, not CES. Sprint doesn't seem to ever go all out for CES.
    I think you may be right, my mistake sorry about that.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    buggyman's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bujin View Post
    Well, the fact that the new offerings didn't strike your fancy is very different than saying that they're "completely falling behind".... and there's 5 months before EVO purchasers are eligible for upgrades. If that's not good enough, then maybe changing carriers is a good idea - if you think its worth paying for early termination.
    I am just saying what many others are, that there is no news for ONE major new phone coming to Sprint at CES. Like I said I do like my Evo, I have three lines two of which have Evo's on them in the house. The third line is due for an upgrade and it would be nice if there was something to look forward to upgrading too in the next few months, however there is not. Just for a little change thats all. But Sprint is notorious for having a smaller selection of top end phones. And yes after 9 years I am contemplating a carrier switch, due to all of them working well in my area.
  17. #17  
    xxwckdxx's Avatar

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    607 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buggyman View Post
    Sorry but those are lower end phones. Nothing ground shattering there.
    Well of course but someone said they were waiting for sprint to announce something
  18. #18  

    Default

    You do know that those phones came out a while ago. It was back in October. Everyone is looking for new announced phones.
  19. #19  
    MannyZ28's Avatar

    Posts
    2,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,623 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    I was thinking the same thing, but this here gives some hope...

    Samsung promises dual-core smartphones, new tablets for MWC 2011 -- Engadget

    A dual core from Samsung...for all US carriers, wouldn't that mean that's the orion chipset that's supposed to be the cats meow?

    Either way, we have CTIA and Barcelona coming up, lots of time for them to announce something, but I too was disappointed not to see anything from them at CES. A Tegra 2 phone would be nice, maybe they are getting the Optimus 2x since they already carry the Optimus now? We're just going to have to do what we all hate to do the most.....wait and see... ;(

Posting Permissions