AC: Sprint kills 2-year contracts for smartphones. (Update: Contracts are BACK!)

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: AC: Sprint kills 2-year contracts for smartphones.

Well maybe not yet: For the past few days, at BB you can get a new Sprint GS6 (32GB) for $1 with a 2-yr Sprint contract/plan. It's $100 for the 64GB GS6 with a 2-yr contract.

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site

Sprint did kill 2 year contracts at the corporate stores.....you can still get it at 3rd party stores

Posted via the Android Central App

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Grandfathered people can still get the 2 year contracts at Corporate Stores.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

It appears it isn't just corporate stores, friend of mine just got a new 2 year contract at Best Buy.
I wonder if it’s due to a contractual agreement with the third-party retailers. Either way, I would expect third-party retailers to eventually stop offering the2-year contracts.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

I wonder if it’s due to a contractual agreement with the third-party retailers. Either way, I would expect third-party retailers to eventually stop offering the2-year contracts.

Possibly, though my guess is they are honoring the grandfathering just like Sprint and AT&T corporate stores are (Though not sure if third party retailers are honoring AT&T Grandfathered contracts.)

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, this really isn't anything to get excited about. If you are a new customer, the newer plans do not make the 2 year contract beneficial to most consumers.

If you are an old customer on SERO or ED1500, Sprint allowed you to keep the 2 year contract if you wanted to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress