Atrix, Inspire, Bionic, or Thunderbolt

brianalley

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My AT&T contract just ended and I was wondering what phone to get next. I am thinking about the Atrix 4G, Insprie 4G, Bionic, or Thunderbolt. I do not mind switching carries. What do y'all think I should get. If you have any other suggestions let me know. I do not mind waiting a couple of months for upcoming phones. Thanks in advance for your help.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
well personally at&t is great in my area so i dont mind being on it but your first consideration must be are you happy with at&t hows verizon in your area? hows sprint? hows tmobile? too many people pick a carrier based on a phone pick the best service in your area then look at what they offer. Now if you need a phone now heres my suggestion

if you want to stay with at&t:
Atrix 4g (the inspire is nice but it is just a desire hd nothing new there.)

Verizon
Thunderbolt or wait for bionic that really comes down to how long do you want to wait. (id still vote thunderbolt)

Sprint
unfortunately sprint was not on the train of brand spankin new phones the evo is still a great choice but they are due for something new.

tmobile
The Nexus S or Mytouch 4g are good choice for now but they are expected to see the htc pyramid soon i believe which is a dual core.

so like i said pick your carrier first because of your like me i never keep a phone for 2 years i buy new phones all the time. so carrier is the most important. I would personally pick the thunderbolt or atrix you cant go wrong pretty much everything on the market is a good choice when you look at the high end devices.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
My AT&T contract just ended and I was wondering what phone to get next. I am thinking about the Atrix 4G, Insprie 4G, Bionic, or Thunderbolt. I do not mind switching carries. What do y'all think I should get. If you have any other suggestions let me know. I do not mind waiting a couple of months for upcoming phones. Thanks in advance for your help.

If you dont care about mobile gaming you don't need Tegra 2 and you can get the T-Bolt or Inspire.

If you are going to play more advanced games on your phone then you need Tegra 2 and should either get the Atrix in March or the Bionic in June/July.

Also, the LTE on Verizon will be nice if it is in your area, you should check that out because for me that is a deal-breaker/maker.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

If you dont have a complain about AT&T service since your with them, then i Say Atrix the dual core will give you a longer life span as most phones coming out will be dual cores with a few exceptions. The thunderbolt has a front facing camera and comes with 32gb memory card. the inspire is the same phone basically with out the ffc and with out the 32gb memory card but for 99 dollars its a steal you can buy the 32 gb card and be the same as the thunderbolt. bionic comes out till summer. Its a hard choice i would get the Atrix is what im personally waiting for as well. SPrint conference is tonight. MWC is what this weekend? Lots of goodies coming soon.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
If you dont have a complain about AT&T service since your with them, then i Say Atrix the dual core will give you a longer life span as most phones coming out will be dual cores with a few exceptions. The thunderbolt has a front facing camera and comes with 32gb memory card. the inspire is the same phone basically with out the ffc and with out the 32gb memory card but for 99 dollars its a steal you can buy the 32 gb card and be the same as the thunderbolt. bionic comes out till summer. Its a hard choice i would get the Atrix is what im personally waiting for as well. SPrint conference is tonight. MWC is what this weekend? Lots of goodies coming soon.

o yea i totally forgot MWC was soon :)

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
There is always something new coming out..... Lol

I know the sensible thing to do is buy the cheapest phone that meets my needs.......but none of us here do that!!

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
There is always something new coming out..... Lol

I know the sensible thing to do is buy the cheapest phone that meets my needs.......but none of us here do that!!

dont buy the cheapest but buy the best phone you can afford without putting yourself in a bind

brianalley

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks

Thanks everyone for you advice, I have great service for all the carriers in my area (at least good enough for me), so I just wanted to get some ideas on phone. I am going to wait for MWC then see what I should do. Thanks again for the help!!

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
dont buy the cheapest but buy the best phone you can afford without putting yourself in a bind

Yea if you are going to be stuck paying 15-30 a month for internet you better enjoy it, that's why you should only buy the top of the line speakerphones.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Yea if you are going to be stuck paying 15-30 a month for internet you better enjoy it, that's why you should only buy the top of the line speakerphones.

yea i agree if we pay so much for data access might as well have the best hardware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez