Email and Wifi Issues

iPilot#AC

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
First time poster...first time Android user.

The Atrix has been great so far except Email. Couple of issues:

1) Yahoo email will not send out when setup using the stock Yahoo email (not Market app). This seems to be intermittent. Sometimes, I get a notification that it did not send out. Then later it sends all of a sudden. The only way I got Yahoo to send consistanly is to set it up via generic email so that you can manually input the Incoming / Outgoing server settings (IMAP). I wonder if the stock Yahoo client has an incorrect Outgoing setting?

I noticed when I wake the phone up after awhile, the Wifi indicator doesn't immediately connect...maybe 5-10 sec delay even when I never left the house. During that time, I see data transmitting via H+. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with this email issue despite having data enabled at all times. However, if I quickly lock the phone (while on Wifi) and unlock it, the Wifi is still connected...so I'm thinking there is a timeout on the Wifi that I'm not aware of.

2) There doesn't seem to be a way to set different Email Delivery for each individual email account. For example, I want my Exchange email to be Push and my Yahoo email to Fetch. I tried doing this from each Inbox but it seems to be a global setting only. Anyone confirm this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non