Battery Only Charges to 60% After Update?!

ilsaccente#AC

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I just updated my rooted Atrix, and now the battery will not charge beyond 60%, no matter which charger is used.
Also, I cannot remove SuperUser now.

Does anyone know how to resolve these issues?

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure about the reasoning behind this, and others here will call me silly, but run the battery down to 0 and allow the phone to die and then try to put a full charge on it. I haven't had the getting stuck at a certain level but I was getting horrible battery life and "retrained" my battery to what 0 and 100 were and haven't had a problem since.

This method might also work for those of you there that are having poor battery life after the update.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the post above.I wasn't getting incorrect reading like you but it just said 100% and died fairly quick.After two cycles of running it dry it started holding charges really well now i get almost 18 hours,ofcourse less if I stay glued playing games and surfing the web.Still It at least gives me about 10 with heavy use.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thats a full power cycle by doing that with the battery. That might work but if not, you can always flash the sbf file to bring the phone back to complete stock (when you first bought it). Then redo the update without nothing rooted or anything and you should be fine.

ilsaccente#AC

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, guys.
I ran the battery until the phone shut itself off. After a full charge, it seems to be much better now.
For the SBF, I'm downloading the software from xda developers site I found in this forum.
Thanks again guys. Does anyone have any tips or anything?

Last edited:

cegna09

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
if you're going to do the fresh flash, it is recommended to have your battery fully charged. I'm not 100% certain, but i believe the battery stats get wiped when you do it, so having it full is a good idea.

root will not effect the battery in any way.

cordell507

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
the reason why you should have 100% battery when flashing is that the phone can't charge when being flashed so if you run out of battery while flashing you phone can never be used with a battery again (you'll have to use it plugged into a wall)

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I had the strangest experience, after the update...

I re-booted the phone, a day after the update. At the time of the re-boot, the phone was charged to 100 percent. After the phone came up to normal, I got the warning that the battery was down to 5 percent, and to plug it into the charger immediately, along with the red flashing warning light. I couldn't imagine how the battery could discharge in just a few minutes. But, after hours on the charger, the charge was still 5 percent.

I got suspicious, and did a full shutdown, but while it was still on the charger. Immediately, the battery monitor booted up and told me the battery was 100 percent, and with the green light.

I let it sit for a while, then re-booted. Sure enough, after the phone came up to normal, the battery read 100 percent, and with the solid green light.

Obviously, the entire episode was some sort of strange false alarm, but what caused it is a mystery to me!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38