Kernel issues with CM7

mdoyal1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been running CM7 since it first came out a couple months ago and it was great. I haven't downloaded the newest nightlies after they broke up the Galaxy S line last month and so the Mod Version is CyanogenMod-7-05152011-NIGHTLY-Captivate. Well today I tried to flash a different kernel and now my phone is basically in permanent Airplane Mode, rendering the phone useless for calling and texting. I was just wondering which kernel I should flash to set things right or if I should just flash back to stock? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The last few nightlies have changed the radio partition, and the kernels have all been updated to reflect that. If I were you, I'd just upgrade to the latest nightly, and then flash the kernel of your choice.

mdoyal1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. Can you tell me how I would upgrade to the latest nightly? I haven't done anything with the new ones so I don't know if I need to flash to stock or something of the sort

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Just flash it over what you have now. The nightlies are full system images, so it will update everything, but they can be flashed without a wipe.

Sent from my Captivate

mdoyal1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Alright sounds good! Thanks for the help, I really didn't want to use my Samsung Propel for more than a few days, hopefully it works!

mdoyal1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
So I have restored it to an earlier back up that I made from a month ago, and the flashed the CyanogenMod-7-05152011-NIGHTLY-Captivate zip again because the kernel is back to what it was before the problems arose but now its saying under Baseband Version that it is unknown. This would be a problem with the modem would it not?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Find one of the older modem zips (the CWM 3 zips in the XDA modem sticky). Flash that and it should take care of it. If that doesn't work, you pretty much either have to upgrade, or go back to stock and reinstall.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress