Email and Calendar colors

alphadog

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to change the displayed colors or is this a Touchwiz limitation?

The constant theme of Black and Blue with color highlights is tiring. Maybe this is a Samsung thing due to their colors, but it makes reading email a pain.

If I root can a i change this? Anyone know where?

Also I can't seem to find a way to change the color assigned to each calendar or email account. I assume this is automatic based on order of addition.

Thanks for any advice.

thrasherdawg

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If you find a way let me know. Coming from HTC's Sense, TouchWiz is a JOKE.
I turned in my Aria yesterday for the Captivate, and I am having second thoughts just because TouchWiz is SOOO bad. The fact that it is nearly impossible to distinguish between a read and Unread e-mail is just plain silly, as well as the "lack of feature" (well, at least I cant find it) that allows you to move an e-mail to another folder. (Talking MS Exchange here)

Anyone know how to get HTC Sense on the Captivate? THEN we would be talking about a sweet phone here.;)

alphadog

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Try the Home Switcher app. Don't know if you can get Sense for it, but you can switch away from touchwiz.

I thought home switcher just let you turn off and on other launchers. Also, I don't know if any of the other replacement launchers let you change the color scheme for the built in apps - anyone know the answer to this?

simulator

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
The HTC sense ui is far superior and it goes far beyond just the appearance of the home screen. HTC has baked in a lot of changes into sense that really are changes in android 2.1.

The screen really has me willing to overlook the superiority of the HTC as a device.... but if HTC comes out with an amoled on ATT with a big screen, I'd flip back in a second.

thrasherdawg

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say it, but I am really missing the Aria. Honestly it sure seemed a whole lot faster. Apps loaded faster, back to home was faster. TouchWiz is terrible. I am going to give launcher pro a try, but for all the money this thing costs, it is really a downer. I wish the Aria was as big and had this screen, The SuperAMOLED screen is amazing, but I just can't get past Black and Blue e-mail and no "move to folder" option.
To me, HTC Sense made Android "palatable", and TouchWiz is an ugly reminder of how "rough" Android still is.

sharonpta

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
If you find a way let me know. Coming from HTC's Sense, TouchWiz is a JOKE.
I turned in my Aria yesterday for the Captivate, and I am having second thoughts just because TouchWiz is SOOO bad. The fact that it is nearly impossible to distinguish between a read and Unread e-mail is just plain silly, as well as the "lack of feature" (well, at least I cant find it) that allows you to move an e-mail to another folder. (Talking MS Exchange here)

Anyone know how to get HTC Sense on the Captivate? THEN we would be talking about a sweet phone here.;)
I would love to know this as well. I just hate the colors of the PIM applications. Acutally I hate the black and white them that is ever present throughout the whole OS. Is there a theme pack that can change these? I too have Rooted my phone and hope there is a solution.

thrasherdawg

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
OK. I downloaded Launcher Pro and it is really nice, gives the HTC Sense "look" to the home pages, but of course it does nothing to the e-mail and SMS apps/programs.
Hopefully there is a way, or someone will figure out a way to get Sense on this phone, or something else that is as integrated into Andorid as Sense is to allow for these changes to the "look/colors" of those apps.

I have to say it again, the screen on this device is Amazing. It is keeping me on the verge of keeping it, and waiting for a "fix"

simulator

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I share your opinion about sense. So much more finished. But I played with the aria side by side with the captivate, and the latter is definitely faster and easier to use. Hate the purple calendar, but I'll wait that one out.

shorerun

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Outlook calendar in dark purple

Entries in my Outlook Calendar appear with dark purple background with black letters and are really hard to read.

Anyone have an idea how to change the background purple color?

Thanks,

sr

simulator

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Entries in my Outlook Calendar appear with dark purple background with black letters and are really hard to read.

Anyone have an idea how to change the background purple color?

Thanks,

sr

As the thread indicates, changing the color is impossible and one of the drawbacks of the device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty