Bluetooth Headset Hands-Free App

kid320

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for an app that will run in the background of my phone to allow my to voice dial people while driving. I want to be able to do this from the button on the side of the bluetooth headset. I do not want to have to touch my screen or activate anything. Coming from the world of Blackberry, I would just press the button on my bluetooth headset and say "call John" and it would call John.

I can't believe this isn't native to the Android Operating System. Are there any free apps out there that accomplish this type of thing?

Loren

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
It is included in the 2.2 update (Froyo).
Bluetooth

* Voice dialing over Bluetooth
* Ability to share contacts with other phones
* Support for Bluetooth enabled car and desk docks
* Improved compatibility matrix with car kits and headsets

rob989_69

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I've been looking for something like that, I've found a few programs but nothing that doesn't require some sort of interaction with the phone.

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Is the update something that will be part of At&t or is it something that is developed by someone? I am looking for the samething.
The one on my Bold or Pearl never worked. Voice recognition sucked on their phones. This one picks up almost everything I say.

kid320

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Is the update something that will be part of At&t or is it something that is developed by someone? I am looking for the samething.
The one on my Bold or Pearl never worked. Voice recognition sucked on their phones. This one picks up almost everything I say.

Froyo is the next version of the Android Operating system. We are currently running 2.1. Froyo is a fancy name for version 2.2. So, yes... The ATT Captivate will get it (I am guessing by the end of the year?). It is the cellphone equivalent of upgrading from one version of windows to another.