will be picking this up for rogers. I know forums collect people who complain, has anyone noticed issues with call quality. There are some real mixed opinions on this despite early reviews being phenomenal. Any feedback...
    08-07-2010 09:29 PM
    I think it has been fine so far. No issues from people I have talked with using the handset, and only once with bluetooth was I asked if I put them on speakerphone, not sure why they thought that.
    08-07-2010 09:48 PM
    I've experienced good call quality. I haven't dropped any calls either (have had it about 2 weeks)...
    08-07-2010 10:58 PM
    Best call quality I've experienced - and all my phones were selected with that as their primary requirement (Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, BB). I don't use bluetooth, or a headset.

AoN.
    08-07-2010 11:48 PM
    This is my third Samsung phone and first smart phone and the call quality is pretty good so far. Haven't dropped a call and everything sounds good and can hear everyone well through the speaker. Even with low signal the call quality is good.
    08-07-2010 11:59 PM
    Coming from an iPhone the call quality to me is much much better. I haven't had any complaints about people having issues hearing me and the clarity on my end is much cleaner as well. Add in the microcell I just picked up and the calls in my house are superb.
    08-08-2010 01:34 AM
    With my experience coming from a blackberry bold 9000 the call quality and clarity is night and day difference with just using the handset, speaker phone, jawbone 2 and a jawbone icon! The captivate is clear sounding!

Hth,
    Charlie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    08-08-2010 04:59 AM
    Call quality on my Cappy is much better than my 3gS and, more importantly, no dropped calls.
    08-08-2010 05:53 AM
    thanks guys, so much **** being talked about in regards to this...likely have defective phones and don't want to return them....
    08-08-2010 10:02 AM
    thanks guys, so much **** being talked about in regards to this...likely have defective phones and don't want to return them....
    Sounds about right! If they have a defective phone some stores give hell for returning it which could be the reason why they don't want to return it! I love my phone even with the occasional lockup and lag! No big deal to me because it works 99% perfectly!

Cheers,
    Charlie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    08-08-2010 12:02 PM
    I've had really good call quality on mine.

The only problem is sometimes I don't notice that I hold it a little far away from my face, and I guess the screen goes on, and I accidentally hit a button. But that's my fault, not the phone's.
    08-08-2010 04:19 PM
    my wife and son have 3g iPhones and since getting the Captivate 2 wks ago, I haven't dropped a single call initiated by me - but several (~5) of the calls initiated by those iPhones have dropped. But, this might not be a fair comparison as wife/son have been on the road and I was in town when their calls dropped.
    08-08-2010 07:43 PM
    I just got my Captivate about 2 weeks ago. Call quality is great - much better than the Moto Razr I had previously - and the handsfree set that came with the phone is surprisingly good as well. I live in an area where service is sometimes a bit wonky, but I haven't had a single dropped call with the Captivate yet.
    08-08-2010 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD