Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default call quality question

will be picking this up for rogers. I know forums collect people who complain, has anyone noticed issues with call quality. There are some real mixed opinions on this despite early reviews being phenomenal. Any feedback...

I think it has been fine so far. No issues from people I have talked with using the handset, and only once with bluetooth was I asked if I put them on speakerphone, not sure why they thought that.

I've experienced good call quality. I haven't dropped any calls either (have had it about 2 weeks)...

Best call quality I've experienced - and all my phones were selected with that as their primary requirement (Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, BB). I don't use bluetooth, or a headset.

AoN.

This is my third Samsung phone and first smart phone and the call quality is pretty good so far. Haven't dropped a call and everything sounds good and can hear everyone well through the speaker. Even with low signal the call quality is good.

Coming from an iPhone the call quality to me is much much better. I haven't had any complaints about people having issues hearing me and the clarity on my end is much cleaner as well. Add in the microcell I just picked up and the calls in my house are superb.

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest AOKP!

Default Re: call quality question

With my experience coming from a blackberry bold 9000 the call quality and clarity is night and day difference with just using the handset, speaker phone, jawbone 2 and a jawbone icon! The captivate is clear sounding!

Hth,
    Charlie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Samsung Captivate - RIP 10-6-2011 Currently: Samsung Galaxy S2 i777 - Rooted, Sim Unlocked and soon to be debloated

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Call quality on my Cappy is much better than my 3gS and, more importantly, no dropped calls.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

thanks guys, so much **** being talked about in regards to this...likely have defective phones and don't want to return them....

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest AOKP!

Default Re: call quality question

Quote Originally Posted by xtracrispy69 View Post
    thanks guys, so much **** being talked about in regards to this...likely have defective phones and don't want to return them....
    Sounds about right! If they have a defective phone some stores give hell for returning it which could be the reason why they don't want to return it! I love my phone even with the occasional lockup and lag! No big deal to me because it works 99% perfectly!

Cheers,
    Charlie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Samsung Captivate - RIP 10-6-2011 Currently: Samsung Galaxy S2 i777 - Rooted, Sim Unlocked and soon to be debloated

I've had really good call quality on mine.

The only problem is sometimes I don't notice that I hold it a little far away from my face, and I guess the screen goes on, and I accidentally hit a button. But that's my fault, not the phone's.

my wife and son have 3g iPhones and since getting the Captivate 2 wks ago, I haven't dropped a single call initiated by me - but several (~5) of the calls initiated by those iPhones have dropped. But, this might not be a fair comparison as wife/son have been on the road and I was in town when their calls dropped.

I just got my Captivate about 2 weeks ago. Call quality is great - much better than the Moto Razr I had previously - and the handsfree set that came with the phone is surprisingly good as well. I live in an area where service is sometimes a bit wonky, but I haven't had a single dropped call with the Captivate yet.