Iphone 4 or Captivate

kaiser10123

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Question I love android phones and also have used and enjoyed Iphones and have used the vibrant and really like it and trying to decide if i should get a captivate or iphone 4. My main issues with captivate are the battery life and lack of options to sideload apps. I always use Titanium Backup and like custom roms but wont the lockdown of sideloading may the backup useless when trying to restore.

Is battery life really that much worse on captivate then iphone 4

know1

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Question I love android phones and also have used and enjoyed Iphones and have used the vibrant and really like it and trying to decide if i should get a captivate or iphone 4. My main issues with captivate are the battery life and lack of options to sideload apps. I always use Titanium Backup and like custom roms but wont the lockdown of sideloading may the backup useless when trying to restore.

Is battery life really that much worse on captivate then iphone 4

I don't understand the lack of options to sideload apps as being a drawback to the Captivate. Are you sideloading them on an iphone?

Battery life on Captivate just seems inconsistent to me. Sometimes I get a lot longer than my iphone and sometimes I get a lot shorter.

My main issue with the Captivate is that a lot of things aren't nearly as smooth, intuitive or well developed as they are on the iphone.

The thing I love about it is that it's so much more flexible.

kaiser10123

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand the lack of options to sideload apps as being a drawback to the Captivate. Are you sideloading them on an iphone?

Battery life on Captivate just seems inconsistent to me. Sometimes I get a lot longer than my iphone and sometimes I get a lot shorter.

My main issue with the Captivate is that a lot of things aren't nearly as smooth, intuitive or well developed as they are on the iphone.

The thing I love about it is that it's so much more flexible.

the sideloading is drawback because one thing i like about android is custom roms and with that i use root backups to backup all apps and data from apps. When you restore these backups of apps on a new rom you have to sideload all the apps that were backed up using the app but this would be impossible on captivate.

As far as the iphone 4 i wouldnt be able to do these backups on device but i can backup all my apps and data using itunes so if i jailbreak and load alot of stuff i can always reset and reload my apps with data. Being able to do backup and restores from a computer beats now being able to do the same on the device or on computer

kaiser10123

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Also i heard that vibrant cn be unlocked to use att 3g can anyone confirm if so i would rather get an iphone 4 then sell it and use that money to get vibrant and use on att and bypass the att sideload bs

Albitron

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I sideload all the time with my Captivate..... Just get the Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine.

I havnt regretted for one minute from my switch from the Iphone... You can do so much more on the android platform.

kaiser10123

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I sideload all the time with my Captivate..... Just get the Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine.

I havnt regretted for one minute from my switch from the Iphone... You can do so much more on the android platform.

But can you use titanium backup to backup and restore your apps with data that is what i use it for. i want to backup all my apps and the data for them that your method does not fix

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
In order to use Titanium back up you'll need to root. If you're going to root anyway might as well use Designgear's Super Rooter Extreme (SRE) It roots, anables wireless tether AND sideloading.
inability to sideload is a bogus argument IMHO. You have to jump through more hoops to make it happen on an iPhone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mboessen