make my captivate faster

bjballar41

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
is there a way to make my captivate faster. i know there has to be a way cause when i run a benchmark it shows it a lil faster or higher on the chart than other galaxy s phones but i wanna be higher. i just did a quadrant benchmark and it came up with a 867 how can i get a higher number.

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
There are ways with memory and cpu management that make the scores better
And usually the long er the phone is on the slower it gets
But rooting is required if you want big gains
(unless I'm missing something)

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
For a significant difference, you're definitely going to have to look into rooting and flashing a custom ROM. You can make some minor tweaks in settings to optimize stock the best you can, but you're not going to see much of a change in benchmarks.

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
One click lag fix works well; get it from the marketplace. May not work well with custom roms (many include acceleration already). Hope this helps, AoN

atlkr5

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
One click lag fix works well; get it from the marketplace. May not work well with custom roms (many include acceleration already). Hope this helps, AoN

SAME OCLF raised my Quadrant to over 2100, not just the test results but the phone is not great with minimum rot/config.

I love OCLF!!!!!!!!

c0ldburn3r

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Honestly Quadrant doesn't really show that much. On Perception 8 i get a score of like 1000 but i'm pushing 14.8 on Linpack while stock phones are rating an 8. Flashing a custom rom is the way to go and you can always go back to stock by using one click Odin, it flashes the stock image back to your phone.

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
You cannot quite flash back to a 'perfect' stock ROM (i.e. still eligible for ATT over the air update), unless you make that stock ROM yourself, or get one from someone who hasn't messed with their phone (unlikely).

The JF6 ROM in one-click root is *not* a stock ROM.

So- before you mess with any custom ROMs, install ROM Manager and make a backup of your phone as it currently is. Take the backup off the phone's internal storage (so you don't erase it when you install the first custom ROM) and put it in a safe place.

Hope this helps,

AoN

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the stock froyo ROM on my Vibrant, jk2 and it ran at 800 as well, I used the lag fix and now it gets about 1600. Rooting is the only way.

Sent from my Nexus S

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty