Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By james27007
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moving apps to my SD card

Does my SD card need to be formatted a certain way for apps to be moved to it? I have the Move2card app or something like that but when I go into an app to move it I don't see an option to move it.

This is a Sandisk 64gb ultra 10 sd card. The sandisk app I downloaded is crap.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Moving apps to my SD card

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
    Does my SD card need to be formatted a certain way for apps to be moved to it? I have the Move2card app or something like that but when I go into an app to move it I don't see an option to move it.

This is a Sandisk 64gb ultra 10 sd card. The sandisk app I downloaded is crap.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

You can not move apps2SD card everything else yes apps no. At least thats how it is in the Verizon version
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:

From what I understand it is a Jelly Bean thing, not a Note 2 thing. So far I do not know of any JB phones that can move apps to the external sdcard. (However it might be possible with root?)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate them both. As an Android newbie I just wanted to make sure I was not doing something wrong.

Hey....
    I just bought a 32 gb class 10 sandisk sd card and I want to move all the apps that I have downloaded on the external card. Is it possible and please do tell me the steps as well?
    One more thing is that, some of my friends told me mx player is the best out of all the apps in order to watch videos especially 720p or 1080p movies but I myself find the default player quite ok. Should I download mx player?.....kind of confused.....
    Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Shafan View Post
    Hey....
    I just bought a 32 gb class 10 sandisk sd card and I want to move all the apps that I have downloaded on the external card. Is it possible and please do tell me the steps as well?
    One more thing is that, some of my friends told me mx player is the best out of all the apps in order to watch videos especially 720p or 1080p movies but I myself find the default player quite ok. Should I download mx player?.....kind of confused.....
    Thanks a lot
    For your 1st question, please reread my post and DroidXcon's post.

As for your secound question, MX Player is good, but I just use the stock video player.
    Thanked by:
    Shafan 
    Shafan likes this.