Charging Problem

CursiveTea

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I bought my phone through some guy on Craigslist who was switching to Apple and needed money for the switch. I received phone and charger. He mentioned under his number he had a year warranty with Best Buy where he bought the phone; but I'm not sure if they'll honor me, so we'll go with my having no warranty. Everything has always worked beautifully, no issues. The other day I noticed when plugging in to charge, it wasn't charging. Tried moving it around and finally it charged. Then I noticed once it's plugged in, the screen is frozen and I cannot even swipe to take screen lock off. I have never dropped the phone, nor been rough with the charging port. Only a few times have I unplugged it before it was fully charged. I do use it while it's charging if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance.

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I would try to get a copy of the receipt and see if you can get it serviced. also try other chargers just to be safe. As for the screen locking, not sure on that one.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
If it is less than year old take it to a service center and get it swapped for a new one. Doesnt matter if it was purchased from bestbuy or not

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

jvak55

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
My first charger that came with my Note II went bad and I took it back for a replacement.
Never caused any of the other problems you describe though.
As posted by others I would take it back to the service center and have it checked out or replaced.
Good Luck

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue with my note 2 and GS4 when they were charging through a non-grounded outlet. I have also seen touch screen issues when chargers were connected through accessory adapters (like sure protectors). Try a different outlet in the house if should solve the problem. Also, since you use it while it's charging I bought an extra battery and charger from best buy for $26. When the battery is low i just switch it out for a full 100% one.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I bought my phone through some guy on Craigslist who was switching to Apple and needed money for the switch. I received phone and charger. He mentioned under his number he had a year warranty with Best Buy where he bought the phone; but I'm not sure if they'll honor me, so we'll go with my having no warranty. Everything has always worked beautifully, no issues. The other day I noticed when plugging in to charge, it wasn't charging. Tried moving it around and finally it charged. Then I noticed once it's plugged in, the screen is frozen and I cannot even swipe to take screen lock off. I have never dropped the phone, nor been rough with the charging port. Only a few times have I unplugged it before it was fully charged. I do use it while it's charging if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a bad port to me...If you ever have to move the cable around to charge, it's usually the port