SGSII in Northern California - what the hell is going on?

holyevilcow

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Went to the local stores around central coast, then called a few stores in South Bay, and NO ONE has it. I couldn't help but to think this has something to do with Apple... Since I go to school right outside their campus, I'm gonna make a poster and protest. A huge SGSII poster... yes...

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Sucks to live out by that cult place!

Loved the buying experience here in Atlanta, GA....in and out in 15'ish min with my SGSII.

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
^^^Probably sold out though.. They had 5. I was the first one to get one (went at 10am), and then within 10 minute, another guy showed up to get one.. not sure if they sold the other 3 yet.

kb3037

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
The Bestbuy store at San Jose had 4 in stock earlier today and I got one of them.
Go to bestbuy.com, go to GSII product page and check store availability. Call the closest store that says available before head out.

goombah

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
According to the sales rep at my local AT&T store, California and Texas stores will not be stocking them. She told me to order it directly from AT&T, or to try Best Buy (sold out). Haven't found a valid reason anywhere and they wouldn't tell me why. I'm going to check another authorized retailer today and see if they have them. Doesn't make any sense.

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
According to the sales rep at my local AT&T store, California and Texas stores will not be stocking them. She told me to order it directly from AT&T, or to try Best Buy (sold out). Haven't found a valid reason anywhere and they wouldn't tell me why. I'm going to check another authorized retailer today and see if they have them. Doesn't make any sense.

Well the part about Texas stores not stocking them isn't accurate, I picked mine up from a Best Buy in Dallas on Sunday and I know the AT&T store up the road had them as well.

BigSacAttack#AC

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Same here in Sacramento, CA. ATT store told me they will not be getting them in store for any in our area. Said to try Best Buy or Target. Problem is, I got my Infuse at Costco on Aug 8 and they have a 90 day return policy to get a different phone. I'm at 60 days, so if they don't get it....I'm screwed with this piece...Sucks!

captsmirk

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the east bay and haven't had any luck, either. I've called or visited 3 corporate stores or authorized retailers and they've all told me the same thing: they don't have them and have no idea when they might get them.

ChillFactorz

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the North Bay Wine Country area, I called several AT&T stores and all had none in stock, to sell. I was told I could buy online. I said I wanted to demo, one place said they had one for in-store demos, another told me two managers had one and I could demo theirs. As far as excuses go I got they were only released on the East Coast, and that the release was delayed a few weeks. They all sounded convincing enough, until I gave them a few facts. The sales reps realized I knew what I was talking about and went quiet. I'm not sure what the issue is, for the Phones not being in stores, but I wouldn't believe what the Sales Reps are preaching.

My main concern is keeping my unlimited data, and that is why I wanted to handle my business in-store.

j510

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
i think were getting the LTE version in the next coming months of Q4 (in CA). LTE variant did pass FCC and Rogers is testing them out. It has the bands that AT&T use and AT&T is starting to roll out LTE. It would make sense. BUT what doesnt make sense is why they even released it across the rest of the U.S. So im stumped. I wanna see wussup with all this. It doesn't really make sense if the LTE is the reason since the iphony4s isn't LTE either but is still going to get pushed out. what do you think

on a side note, take it with a grain of salt, i've been told it would be available within the next 3 months at the AT&T CA corporate stores from one AT&T store rep.

& another who said there was some "problem" (not Really a problem) with the SGS2 ?service radios chip antenna(i forgot what there called)? and that they would be coming with an LTE version in the near future from another AT&T store in SJ.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch