Home button and other things not woring after root

SkynightZ

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi, so I used SuperOneClick to jailbreak my S2. Now the Back button and Search are not working. When I call people they cant hear me...so I tried to flash the cyanogenmod and couldn't either. Right now I'm stuck in the Android System Recovery ( got there using ROM Manager - Clockwork thing ). I can restart the phone but it keeps showing up that screen and can't select any of the features, nor can reboot the phone because the home button is not working...any ideas?

SkynightZ

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I managed to get it into Download Mode, and I re-did the Odin thing of the PDA.....but then it keeps sending me back to Android System Recovery, and since Home button isnt working I can't select anything there...

SamBurns85

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

So, I rooted my phone with the wrong firmware version (I think) and SuperOneClick. I have the same issue with my back and search buttons not working, and my home button has become my back button. I also went into recovery mode through ROM manager, and am at the exact same point you were when you wrote the quoted post. How did you manage to get past this point? I can't figure out how to do anything since the home button doesn't work. Thanks!!

Hi, so I used SuperOneClick to jailbreak my S2. Now the Back button and Search are not working. When I call people they cant hear me...so I tried to flash the cyanogenmod and couldn't either. Right now I'm stuck in the Android System Recovery ( got there using ROM Manager - Clockwork thing ). I can restart the phone but it keeps showing up that screen and can't select any of the features, nor can reboot the phone because the home button is not working...any ideas?

sunbergzach

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
My friend and I had the same problem - It turns out we had flashed a kernel designed for the international version of the SGS II (he has the AT&T version). Since the international version has a different button layout, the international version kernel broke the AT&T version buttons.

An AT&T kernel is located in this thread:
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1309293&highlight=how+to+root
(sorry, it wouldn't let me add a hyperlink because I have never posted on this forum before)

We flashed that kernel using heimdall, and the button functionality was restored.