Considering Rooting Galaxy S3 - how to bet best battery life and what preinstalled crap can go

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I am ready to root my Galaxy S3. I got this right after Thanksgiving and it running the most current Android software (jelly bean I think).

I mainly want to accomplish two things:
  • install mod that will most improve my battery life
  • Remove whatever unnecessary bloatware I can

I am tech savvy but I wanted to get advice since this will be my first time messing with a phone and I don't want to delete something necessary. Any tips or warnings appreciated. Also, will I have to setup my screens (running Apex launcher).

Jodie B

Jorge Cruz

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey Jodie, about the rooting there are several videos with instructions on how to do it and if you know your way around YouTube im pretty sure you can get to it. Before you start looking for ROM's just my opinion, the battery life is all a matter of the usage of the phone and the configuration you use on it. I for example have wasted my battery in a few hours and also have gone 2 days without plugging my phone. I'm running CyanogenMod 10 ROM and I also use Apex Launcher. Heads up: BACKUP EVERYTHING!... when you flash a ROM you basically install a brand new system on your phone and it will only have stock apps... you will even have to flash the google apps since they will not come with it.. Most people go through the process of flashing several ROM's before getting to the one they like the most so be prepared to do this a few times ;).... If you need any specific information please say so...
Greetings, JC.