GS3 Release Date in US by AT&T

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
With over 10 million pre-orders to date, it might be better to pre-order.

I don't see that being necessary. When I got the GSII at my AT&T store there were like, 3 people in line. No Android phone brings in big numbers, period. It was the same for the HOX.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Anybody here use the default google backup for contacts when switching Android phones? I know your google account automatically backs some of that up, right?

I went from a SGSII to the Skyrocket, but they transferred sim card data in store. So, if I get the sgs3 delivered, the contacs should auto sync when I sign into my google account, right?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

I use google to back up, dots out automatically.

When I get a new phone or rom. O just log into my gmail account. In within 2 min all my contacts are back

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't see that being necessary. When I got the GSII at my AT&T store there were like, 3 people in line. No Android phone brings in big numbers, period. It was the same for the HOX.

Pre-ordering gives you that sense of security though, that's the main reason why I pre-order all my phones if I can

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

From what I understand, the GS3 is the most pre-ordered smartphone to date. That has to be more than the i4s.

equishd

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I been waiting far too long to risk it ill b pre ordering my ASAP!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Android Central Forums

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Is there any risk to pre order? Can you return a pre order?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Android Central Forums

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
All GSM phones have SIM cards. It also supports micro sd cards.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using Android Central Forums

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I am guessing that we will be getting new 4G LTE SIM cards.

It is a micro Sim. In store they usually insist on new cards, maybe to justify the "upgrade" fee. Think you may be able to use one from an iPhone and just swap them, but you still need to make sure your account is "provisioned" for LTE.
If you get one delivered home, it will come with the new sim. You have to call and activate it by phone.
That's where you would be able to use an existing sim card...if you have MicroSIM or willing to cut your own.

Like this tool:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003U...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1827910

pinkcamaro17

May 13, 2012
Visit site
It is a micro Sim. In store they usually insist on new cards, maybe to justify the "upgrade" fee. Think you may be able to use one from an iPhone and just swap them, but you still need to make sure your account is "provisioned" for LTE.
If you get one delivered home, it will come with the new sim. You have to call and activate it by phone.
That's where you would be able to use an existing sim card...if you have MicroSIM or willing to cut your own.

Like this tool:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003U...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1828299

I cut my own when I had bought the 4s before my present phone but that is a nice little device there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so as announced in the press release, available starting in June.
Interestingly it says starting at $199. Best guess is 16gb-$199
32 gb- $249.

Now waiting for ATT to make exact date and pricing official .

Will it be the rumored 20th?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38