Can't delete profile picture album in gallery

dxchea

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I am a new Android user so bear with me. I can't seem to be able to delete the profile picture photo album that is in the gallery. I noticed that there is no option to delete when I select a photo in the album. I then went to Google Photo and noticed that the pictures were there and that they probably synced to my cellphone. So I removed it from Google Photo and resynced, but the pictures are still in the phone? Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong here??

Thanks in advance,
David

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I am a new Android user so bear with me. I can't seem to be able to delete the profile picture photo album that is in the gallery. I noticed that there is no option to delete when I select a photo in the album. I then went to Google Photo and noticed that the pictures were there and that they probably synced to my cellphone. So I removed it from Google Photo and resynced, but the pictures are still in the phone? Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong here??

Thanks in advance,
David

I assume its a picasa album,first since picasa is google owned go to their website and delete the pictures,sign in by usuing your google account,then go back to you sync and accounts under settings and refresh your google account. Then cheak your gallery and the pics should be gone. Then go back to your google account and uncheak all the ones dealing with pictures and resync. Comment back and lemme know if you got it to work friend.

Sent from my awesome HTC one x:)

dxchea

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
It does appear to be a Picassa album. I already did what you just wrote. I went to Google Photo and deleted the pics from there. Then I went to my cellphone and did settings - Accounts and sync - selected my google account, and resynced. I then go to my gallery and the pics are still there.

dxchea

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out. Under accounts and sync, I only had Google Photo checked and Picassa Photo checked off. I checked Picassa Photo and resynced and now the photos are gone from my phone! :)

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out. Under accounts and sync, I only had Google Photo checked and Picassa Photo checked off. I checked Picassa Photo and resynced and now the photos are gone from my phone! :)
Glad to see it helped. :)

Sent from my awesome HTC one x:)

JeniferF

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site

Thank you so much for asking the question. I spent hours trying to figure this out!

Ruthann Brantner

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I logged onto my google account, clicked onto "view profile". On the left side of the opened window, I clicked onto "photos", then clicked onto "albums". There was the picture I couldn't get rid of that just appeared on my new android phone, I then clicked onto the picture and in the upper right corner there is like a flower symbol, I clicked onto the down arrow and in the drop down list clicked onto "settings", then "delete". The picture is now off my phone.... Gone,.. :) Hope this helps others

ConfusedGeorge

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that. Didn't realise I had any picassa photos on line. Must have gone through about 5 - 10 steps removing stuff from google each time it was still on the phone. Suceeded now though! Google don't make it easy!

George

DenoTh

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Just go to picasa, simple as that, or re-check it.

I deleted the image from my google account however I can't find this picasa application on my phone. I have looked through all my applications in the application manager and it is not there. There is however a picasa uploader. If that will do I am still unaware of how to open it.

Any help would be appreciated.