Frustrated with Silence about Update Timeline for 4.3

rizzymo

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Its amazing how all this news for the past two weeks about the 4.3 update hitting the s3 on the 13th. Now its almost here, and you hear nothing about it. Same old story with this phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
The leaked roadmap for 4.3 has been good so far, and no notice, it just silently goes out and then gets confirmed. So, don't worry about it, and with any luck, in 24 hours, we will see a bunch of people with 4.3 on the AT&T Galaxy S3 and Note 2. Until we hit the 14th with no people on AT&T getting 4.3, I wouldn't worry about the lack of notice. AT&T NEVER announces updates before they become available.

DroidHeroDoes

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. I am excited and I can't wait for 4.3 for my S3. Hopefully it will run faster and run more efficiently and better on battery, location based, etc...

tplace 1976

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed that after doing my 4.1.2 upgrade that was OTA I now have the dreaded "Your devices current firmware version isn't supported to update firmware via Kies". So I'm hoping that this update is an OTA as well.... And it's 7:40AM in Dallas on 11/13 and I haven't seen anything yet about it being released.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I am excited and I can't wait for 4.3 for my S3. Hopefully it will run faster and run more efficiently and better on battery, location based, etc...

I have just updated to 4.3 im in the uk and I have an unbranded s3. I am having issues with battery and lagging problems all over the phone. I have done a factory reset to clear the phone but still same problems.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AC Forums mobile app

rizzymo

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
These carriers had this update for months after not releasing 4.2. All the testing should have been done and all bugs fix. But as usual, their seems to be problems with the update. This **** is ridiculous!!!!!!!!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, it would be so much better to just rush the release and let users find and report the bugs.

As for the dates, remember that none of them were official. They were rumors, reported by bloggers, none of whom probably have any real insider knowledge.

Chris8414

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
lol, everyone is so obsessed with this update. No one wants it because of the glitches, and problems people have been having with this update! I dont want anything to do with Jellybean 4.3 Im perfectly fine with 4.1.2 it runs great on my phone. My phone last over 14 hours with heavy use. I have had sucess by doing the following. Pull the battery when the phone is on, and leave the battery out for 5 minutes. Put the battery back in, and start the phone. Then hook up your phone to samsung kies, and do a back up of all of your photos. Then do a factory reset. Doing this will wipe everything off your phone. Since I did this 3 weeks ago my battery life has doubled, and I have not had any issues with "run away" apps or processed. Try it!

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
They should just hire the devs on XDA. I've got a custom ROM running 4.3.1 so smoothly that I really don't need a new phone. These devs put out ROMs 100 X's better than the carriers do.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
exactly why I rooted. Could care less when ATT releases 4.3.

I'm running a 4.3.1 ROM as well. 4.4 Roms are already starting to trickle out.

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Problems with phones with 1GB of RAM should NOT automatically stop the deployment on phones with 2GB of RAM, but carriers tend to be stupid when it comes to updates, delaying trivially small updates for months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa