Volume through speakers even with headphones attached

jagbearkc

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking for the setting that will allow me to turn off the sound going through the speakers even with a headphone attached. I'm hearing the sound through the headphones too, but don't need everyone else hearing what I'm listening to, that's the point of the headphones. Any help would be appreciated.
Oh, this just started happening right after the upgrade to 4.3 today.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
That is indeed odd. Typically, plugging in the headphones disables the onboard speakers. ...but you're saying that since you've receieved 4.3 both the headphones and speakers can be heard. ...and when you control the volume it affects both?

jagbearkc

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it is very strange. but when I control the volume it affects both.

Edit: I've been doing some testing and this is more and more looking like it's only with ringtones. If I'm trying to find a new default ringtone for example, the sound is going through the speakers in addition to the headphones.

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it is very strange. but when I control the volume it affects both.

Edit: I've been doing some testing and this is more and more looking like it's only with ringtones. If I'm trying to find a new default ringtone for example, the sound is going through the speakers in addition to the headphones.

Does it happen when you're listening to music or watching a youtube/video?

OptimuS G Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabruslik