APN Settings for Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S3

Marinozai

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I have an unlocked Android - a Samsung Galaxy Golden, actually (which does not have a forum/much information online in general), but have been scouring information about other Samsung Galaxies due to a lack of information about my rather rare model. I bought it unlocked, and connected it to AT&T. I changed the APN settings so that it connected to the AT&T 3G network (H+) but I can't get it to connect to the 4G LTE network. Here are the settings I am currently using (which allegedly connect Galaxies to the LTE network):

Name: ATT HSPA+
APN: phone
Proxy: <Leave in Blank>
Port: <Leave in Blank>
Username: <Leave in Blank>
Password: <Leave in Blank>
Server: <Leave in Blank>
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: <Leave in Blank>
APN type: default,supl,mms,hipri
APN Protocol: default
Bearer: default

goldenboy4ever

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
What a weird thread. Just had to reply.

The Galaxy Golden (E400 K/S and i9235) are 3G supported only model phones for all carrier bands outside the 1800/2600 spectrum, as in all those carriers but United States.
This is funny, because theoretically the hardware supports Quad Band 4G LTE, but samsung decided to lock it up and throw away the key. Maybe if enough people write them friendly letters asking to release new firmware that unlocks the 700/1700 spectrum your U.S. ATT/T-Mobile network uses, they will be half inclined to analyze their potential market share for these types of phones.

Why would they lock the phone with software if the hardware already supports such feature?? I don't know, and we may never see a Clamshell like these phones in the U.S. markets because samsung has a name brand to follow and that name is "iPhone Killer" not "Granny Helper"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa