Samsung Galaxy S20 FE won't connect to network...

mdlive

Sep 12, 2018
Visit site
My wife and I purchased unlocked versions of this phone directly from Samsung in November 2020. We have only used them on PureTalk's (AT&T's) network. I have noticed intermittent connectivity issues more with my wife's phone than mine. Usually would start with not being able to send/receive MMS. Power cycling did not help. Finally I reached out to the carrier. I tried several tings they suggested: Reset Network Connections; pull SIM out and then replace; Configure a new APN; etc. Initially resetting the network settings would work, but she would have to do it about once every 5 days. Yesterday it quit connecting and nothing has worked. And now my phone is doing the same thing. Has anyone else had this problem?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Have you tried different message app ? MMS is the only issue? Make sure Wi-Fi calling is not toggled on as some Att members had run into that

mdlive

Sep 12, 2018
Visit site
PureTalk never offered that as a possible solution and I didn't think to ask. Before my phone started acting up as well, I began the process of porting over to Verizon (that's who we had previously). They have an amazing deal right now if you bring your own phone and sign up for an unlimited plan. Waiting for their SIM cards now.

mdlive

Sep 12, 2018
Visit site
We tried that earlier on when it was just MMS, but now it's anything data dependent. At this point both our phones are only good for calling and SMS unless we are on WiFi.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
PureTalk never offered that as a possible solution and I didn't think to ask. Before my phone started acting up as well, I began the process of porting over to Verizon (that's who we had previously). They have an amazing deal right now if you bring your own phone and sign up for an unlimited plan. Waiting for their SIM cards now.
Ok so you switching carriers, hope everything works out