htc one can the screen light up when I get a text?

z28man

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
So I've noticed my HTC one will either vibrate or make a sound when I get a text but the screen never lights up to show it like most phones. Is there any way to get the screen to light up when I get a text? The little green flashing lights isn't a very good notification for me.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Or try another texting app, such as Textra which has an option to wake up the screen when a text is received. By the way, it's my preferred texting app - it's light and clean and provides a popup when you select the notification in which you can reply w/o ever having to open up the app.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
That's the huge advantage of Android vs the iPhone. If you aren't happy with the way something works or just want it to do something different, odds are pretty good that there is an to do it with. For example, did you know you can switch our your keyboard (try either Google Keyboard or Swiftkey, both really great alternatives to the stock keyboard). You can switch out the way your home screen looks/feels by using a different launcher like Nova or Apex (or try an easier version by downloading Buzz Launcher, which allows you to download customized home screen layouts created by users). Good luck and have fun. Welcome to Android.

z28man

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
no I had no idea. I knew Android was a lot more open I just didn't realize how open. I'm going to look into all those things for sure! The keyboard interests me as I find myself always hitting the period instead of the space.

garyf33

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Also try Handcent SMS, another decent SMS/MMS app that lets you have pop up notifications which will turn the screen on, you can have different vibrate patterns and set different audio alerts for contacts.