Help Please! I'm stuck in bootloader!

KilgoreCatfish

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm new here, fairly new to Android...and looking for some help. I picked up an HTC One M7 a couple months ago and decided to tamper with it. I don't know much about any of this other than what i picked up from a few videos and tutorials. I rooted it, then installed Cyanogenmod using their installer. Earlier today i was attempting to revert it back to stock, which was already proving difficult, but i flashed a Google Play Edition rom to the phone first. It got stuck on a bootloop with that rom so i went back to the original tutorial for removing cyanogen. Anyway, in command prompt i typed up a command to relock the device so i could run a ruu(i think) and it worked...but now I'm stuck in the bootloader. Across the top it says

***TAMPERED***
***RELOCKED***
***Security Warning***
m7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.56.0000
RADIO-4T.24.3218.09
OpenDSP-v32.120.274..0909
OS-
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Jan 28 2014, .9:32:41.0

and then it goes into the Fastboot options.

I've tried running a RUU, but it said it failed...i think because it couldn't find the correct image version (if i remember correctly)

Any help here would be awesome...I've been digging around but anything i find is either over my head or doesn't work.

KilgoreCatfish

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Ok so i figured this one out...turns out i just had to unlock my device again. But one problem leads into another. Although CMW will read FASTBOOT USB and I can tell my computer knows it's connected, i can't see my phone in 'My Computer'...so i can't leave any .zips there to flash a new room. On top of that, I believe while erasing caches and what not i may have accidentally erased something important, because i it won't reboot past the HTC screen and and before rebooting out of recover it tells me i'm not rooted. Anybody have any idea what i'm dealing with here? It seems like if i could get my computer to see my device I could drop some zips onto my sd that would allow me to remedy this.

PS...i haven't been able to get abd push or sideload to work either...could be that i'm doing it wrong but i don't know

DeathAngel74

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
you need to get s-off with either rumrunner, firewater or weaksauce. Also try installing TWRP 2.6.3.3.
On top of that, I believe while erasing caches and what not i may have accidentally erased something important, because i it won't reboot past the HTC screen and and before rebooting out of recover it tells me i'm not rooted.
Tells me that there is no OS installed. This is why your phone is stuck in a bootloop. The only thing you can do is unlock your phone again,S-off your phone, install twrp 2.6.33 and then sideload a rom that's compatible with your phone to restore it. I sent you a pm to help you fix it.

HTCDoom

May 20, 2014
Visit site
1) Unlock bootloader http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/
2) Install a custom recovery (TWRP or CWM)
3) Wipe everything using recovery
4) Get a custom ROM .zip into your phone using USB OTG or sideloader (ADB Sideload | TeamWin)
5) Flash your custom ROM
6) Use Firewater to S-OFF (Instructions/Download | firewater s-off)
7) Downgrade to HBOOT 1.44 | Get it here: (http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/1-29-401-12_hboot_1-44-zip/)
Bootloader/Fastboot commands:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip 1.29.401.12_hboot_1.44.zip
fastboot reboot-bootloader

8) To get rid of TAMPERED and get LOCKED back boot into recovery and copy/paste these commands (MAKE SURE YOU COPY IT EXACT):

Code:
C:\Android>[B][COLOR="#00FF00"]adb shell[/COLOR][/B]

Resetting TAMPERED
~ # [COLOR="#00FF00"][B]echo -ne '\x00' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 bs=1 seek=4265988[/B][/COLOR]
echo -ne '\x00' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 bs=1 seek=4265988
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
1 bytes (1B) copied, 0.009490 seconds, 106B/s

Setting LOCKED
~ # [COLOR="#00FF00"][B]echo -ne '\x00\x00\x00\x00' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=33796[/B][/COLOR]
echo -ne '\x00\x00\x00\x00' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=33796
4+0 records in
4+0 records out
4 bytes (4B) copied, 0.007811 seconds, 520B/s

~ # [B][COLOR="#00FF00"]exit[/COLOR][/B]
exit

C:\Android>[COLOR="#00FF00"][B]adb reboot bootloader[/B][/COLOR]

9) Type fastboot getvar all into bootloader and take note of your modelid and cidnum, Also confirm that all the changes we did were applied.
10) Find your corresponding RUU here. Make sure it matches your model and cid.
11) Do another full wipe in recovery to wipe out the Custom ROM and make sure we get a clean install.
12) Open the RUU on your computer while in fastboot mode.
13) Follow steps.
You're now back in stock. Profit.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty