Inspire 4g Dialer Issue (2.3.3 Gingerbread)

dylan808

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The problem I (and other users apparently) seem to be having is that, ever since i got the gingerbread update, whenever i make or recieve a phone call the dialer process does not seem to properly shut off or close. when i check in a task manager it says that the dialer is still running in the foreground.

there is a post on this here: Issue 17383 - android - Dialer stuck in partial wakelock - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

some (temporary) solutions to this issue are either:
-Restarting your phone after making/recieving a phone call (which is annoying)
-some users also claim that turning off the "turn phone over to mute call" feature helps because it disables the sensor which some say may be the cause of the problem in the first place.

does anyone else possibly have a way to fix this issue? or is it something for HTC/Google/AT&T to handle?

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Did you try all the thing in that thread? The sound options I have all unchecked and am not seeing the dialer chew up my battery...

dylan808

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
i've tried almost all of the things suggested in the thread. but whenever i get a phone call the dialer manages to sneak back into the foreground.
when check my battery usage settings it's usually the display taking up most of the battery but dialer comes in second with about 19-25% battery usage :p

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
hmm, no BT, I unchecked all 3 boxes and then did a reset as suggested. I have not seen it there since.

Correction... I have not seen it above 15% since then.

Last edited: