Can't hear my music when plugged into car stereo.

tampabaybucsfan1

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I got my inspire on Saturday and when I plugged it into my car stereo today it will not play music through the speakers. I know how to switch the stereo to aux and I know how to plug the aux cable in. It will play music through headphones and when not plugged in at all. Sorry if there were any other posts. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
If it plays music through the headphones, but not the car stereo, then the problem is not the phone. Is it showing that music is playing while plugged into the car?

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Check to see that the headset icon in the status bar on your phone shows only a stereo headset and not one with the mic coming off the side. The audio jack on the inspire receives a tip and two rings for stereo ouput or a tip and three rings for a headset with microphone input. It is very easy to cross the contacts and fool the phone into thinking it also has a mic plugged in. (If this is actually the problem, disconnect the 3.5mm stereo jack, rotate it 90 degrees and gently but firmly re-insert it making sure that the status icon reflects only a stereo headset without the mic)

If this is not the problem, have you checked the media volume vs phone volume?

Last edited:

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Just an FYI, you are better off using an ipod or other mp3 player for music. The audio output from this phone terrible.

Yeah, if you use the stock player. PowerAmp does a great job with the music. I BT stream music to my car stereo all the time.