disabling text preview on unlock screen?

DFuhrms

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I receive a text on my new inspire I get a (not so) nice little "new text" alert right below the unlock bar. It tells me who has texted me and even gives me a (again, not so) nice little preview of what the text says. I'm saying "not so nice" because I don't want it there. I enabled a pin lock on my phone so that no nosy people, like my parents, can try to go through my texts. However, this little feature kind of ruins the whole purpose of having a phone lock since anyone could just pick up my phone and read the first 3-4 words of any new text without even unlocking my phone!

Is there ANY way to disable this feature AT ALL? I mean ANY way, i don't care how difficult/involved it may be, I'm open for anything. Thanks!

DFuhrms

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok I just tried that and yes it did solve the text preview problem, but now my phone doesn't vibrate when I get a text...

So, thanks for that tip because that really will help me out in certain situations where I know I'm going to be leaving my phone lying around, but I was also looking for a more permanent solution that won't require me having to tweak my phone's settings everyday.

Any other tips anyone?

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
If you don't want your parents to see what's on your phone, are you ashamed of what's there? Perhaps you need to adjust your behavior to something more acceptable to others.

DFuhrms

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok dickhead, first of all, I don't tell you how to run your life so don't you tell me how to run mine. I'm not "ashamed" of anything that I do, but my parents certainly doesn't approve. Now, I'm not going to elaborate on what it is exactly that I do because I'm not sure that I'm even allowed to discuss that kind of stuff on this forum, but unless you had a very sheltered childhood, you should know what kinds if things I'm referring to.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok dickhead, first of all, I don't tell you how to run your life so don't you tell me how to run mine. I'm not "ashamed" of anything that I do, but my parents certainly doesn't approve. Now, I'm not going to elaborate on what it is exactly that I do because I'm not sure that I'm even allowed to discuss that kind of stuff on this forum, but unless you had a very sheltered childhood, you should know what kinds if things I'm referring to.

i was going to come to your defense, but after this comment, screw it, you get caught you get caught. Dont do the crime, if you cant do the time.

GNRPowdeR

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok dickhead...

You had a suggestion coming from me, until I read this...

I agree that privacy while living under your parent's roof is important, but calling someone names is a sign of your lack of maturity, IMO. There are some within these forums whom try to handle things in a mature manner... Trying to lead by example... If we were to provide you with the information you requested after your showing this lack of respect, we would be condoning your action.

If you chose to begin conducting yourself in a more respectful manner, by offering an open appoligy / editting your previous post, someone may be willing to help you.

Best of luck with your Android experience...
-GNRPowdeR

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
stop sexting at such a young age...

If you don't want your parents to see what's on your phone, are you ashamed of what's there? Perhaps you need to adjust your behavior to something more acceptable to others.

i was going to come to your defense, but after this comment, screw it, you get caught you get caught. Dont do the crime, if you cant do the time.

You had a suggestion coming from me, until I read this...

I agree that privacy while living under your parent's roof is important, but calling someone names is a sign of your lack of maturity, IMO. There are some within these forums whom try to handle things in a mature manner... Trying to lead by example... If we were to provide you with the information you requested after your showing this lack of respect, we would be condoning your action.

If you chose to begin conducting yourself in a more respectful manner, by offering an open appoligy / editting your previous post, someone may be willing to help you.

Best of luck with your Android experience...
-GNRPowdeR

In all fairness, he asked a simple question and people decided to be judgmental about him rather than offer a solution. If maturity and respect is what you expect of others, it would do you all well to give the same.

Back on topic - Sorry OP, wish I had an answer for you.

GNRPowdeR

May 5, 2010
Visit site
In all fairness, he asked a simple question and people decided to be judgmental about him rather than offer a solution. If maturity and respect is what you expect of others, it would do you all well to give the same.

I agree the choice to question the OP's motive & morals was uncalled for, yet so was the name calling. I, too was wanting to defend the OP, but when they didn't simply dismiss the unprovoked attack, but retaliated with name calling??? Just doesn't fly, IMO.

*** Mods - I apologize for this becoming off topic ***

-GNRPowdeR

DFuhrms

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
You guys act like I actually hurt this guys feelings or something. If you look it from my perspective I had just come back to check on my thread only to find two replies by people who decided that I was somehow a perverted little 12 year old. I'm sorry if I was a little overreacting, I have to admit, they pissed me off pretty good.

GNRPowdeR

May 5, 2010
Visit site
DF-

Getting pissed off is a natural respose for the way you were approached. I agree, it wasn't fair how they initially replied to your post.

The way you responded is what disappointed me.

Did you hurt the guy's feelings? No. Did you lower yourself to respond to the attack? It seemed so...

Responding in the way you did only serves to lower the opinion ppl have of you.

- Now, to provide my suggestion -

DL a program called SMS Popup or Handcent. They both have settings that will perform what you are requesting.

Any other questions or need help finding the settings, drop me a PM and I'll be happy to help!

-GNRPowdeR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana