AT&T Tech Support Chat Script - Sideloading

setham

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Prior to chat with AT&T Tech Support I look into many posts to create a chat script, I am opening this to initiate a thread where people post their successful chat for getting sideloading, here is mine:

Welcome to AT&T Chat. My name is 'Jaimie Roos' and I’ll be happy to assist you today.

setham: Hello
Jaimie Roos: Hello, I will gladly assist you with your phone update. We at AT&T appreciate your business and value you as a customer.
Jaimie Roos: To further assist you, I will need to access your account. May I please have the first and last name on the account and last four digits of the Social Security Number or the security pass code, if one has been set up previously on your billing account?
setham: setham - 1234
Jaimie Roos: Thank you for that information Mr. Setham. Please allow me 2-3 minutes to access your account.

setham: Basically it is an update that will allow my phone to install 3rd party apps, such as the amazon app store. att blocked this access on the phone I called HTC and they told me I have to request the update push to AT&T
setham: They mentioned something like XDM tool to push the update
setham: And that the PMC department handles that
setham: Also is called the sideloading update
setham: Or '3rd party apps' update. or the 'unknown sources' update.

Jaimie Roos: Thank you for all of that information Mr. Setham.

setham: No problem, I know it might not be usual so I did all the due diligence before the chat

Jaimie Roos: Does your phone have Android 2.2 or greater?
setham: Yes.
setham: 2.2.1
Jaimie Roos: Thank you. One moment please.
setham: sure
Jaimie Roos: The update is being sent to your phone. One moment please.
setham: Thanks for your help.. I appreciate
Jaimie Roos: Done.
setham: Yup I just got it, many thanks
Jaimie Roos: You are welcome.

It worked for me and got the update while in the chat... hope it helps

CREDITS: to a lot of people, apologize for not listing you here, I copied and pasted from many threads, I should had think about when copying.

*** My Phone is not rooted

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Prior to chat with AT&T Tech Support I look into many posts to create a chat script, I am opening this to initiate a thread where people post their successful chat for getting sideloading, here is mine:

Welcome to AT&T Chat. My name is 'Jaimie Roos' and I?ll be happy to assist you today.

setham: Hello
Jaimie Roos: Hello, I will gladly assist you with your phone update. We at AT&T appreciate your business and value you as a customer.
Jaimie Roos: To further assist you, I will need to access your account. May I please have the first and last name on the account and last four digits of the Social Security Number or the security pass code, if one has been set up previously on your billing account?
setham: setham - 1234
Jaimie Roos: Thank you for that information Mr. Setham. Please allow me 2-3 minutes to access your account.

setham: Basically it is an update that will allow my phone to install 3rd party apps, such as the amazon app store. att blocked this access on the phone I called HTC and they told me I have to request the update push to AT&T
setham: They mentioned something like XDM tool to push the update
setham: And that the PMC department handles that
setham: Also is called the sideloading update
setham: Or '3rd party apps' update. or the 'unknown sources' update.

Jaimie Roos: Thank you for all of that information Mr. Setham.

setham: No problem, I know it might not be usual so I did all the due diligence before the chat

Jaimie Roos: Does your phone have Android 2.2 or greater?
setham: Yes.
setham: 2.2.1
Jaimie Roos: Thank you. One moment please.
setham: sure
Jaimie Roos: The update is being sent to your phone. One moment please.
setham: Thanks for your help.. I appreciate
Jaimie Roos: Done.
setham: Yup I just got it, many thanks
Jaimie Roos: You are welcome.

It worked for me and got the update while in the chat... hope it helps

CREDITS: to a lot of people, apologize for not listing you here, I copied and pasted from many threads, I should had think about when copying.

The lady sent it to my phone but I haven't gotten the update :/

borgpunx

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
setham, i just tried your "method" and they were able to push it to my phone in 24-48 hours. I guess i can followup to see if this worked.

setham

May 17, 2011
Visit site
setham, i just tried your "method" and they were able to push it to my phone in 24-48 hours. I guess i can followup to see if this worked.

She did it while in the chat, not sure if they really follow up because most of the post when people get that answer nothing further happens. I would wait overnight and try the chat again.

anoobdroid

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks setham. I tried this and it worked. At first she told me to wait 2-3 minutes and then I should receive a notification. She said it may take up to 24 hours. After a few minutes, I got the notification and it worked. She reminded me not to turn on Wifi while waiting for it.

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
Last edited:
Reactions: pazzo02

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo