Turning off your Inspire 4g

jun88ker

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I can navigate my way around new electronics pretty well, but as for the little things you can/should do to prolong their lives before they fizzle out on you I'm sort of lost. I've found that I could keep my AT&T Inspire 4G phone on 24/7 because I use it every waking moment, but then I also use it as an alarm clock. Therefore, I've wondered if keeping the phone on 24/7 may be somehow damaging to the phone and its potential 2+ year life. Should I turn my phone off at night in an effort to 'give it a break'? Or is it a phone that is built to be on 24 hours a day for about 360 days of the year? Any suggestions?

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I can navigate my way around new electronics pretty well, but as for the little things you can/should do to prolong their lives before they fizzle out on you I'm sort of lost. I've found that I could keep my AT&T Inspire 4G phone on 24/7 because I use it every waking moment, but then I also use it as an alarm clock. Therefore, I've wondered if keeping the phone on 24/7 may be somehow damaging to the phone and its potential 2+ year life. Should I turn my phone off at night in an effort to 'give it a break'? Or is it a phone that is built to be on 24 hours a day for about 360 days of the year? Any suggestions?

I think it really does not matter. Just like a desktop/laptop computer, you can leave it on 24/7. If you do, I would recommend you do like I do and restart it at least once every 1-2 days, like you would on a desktop/laptop.

Reactions: jun88ker

pilsbury

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I've had numerous Blackberries and a couple of i4s before this and I never turned any of them off. just did a daily reboot as Zero said and have never had a problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TechBro