is my battery for replacement?

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys.
I've charged the phone via some Samsung wireless charger (5V,2A) for like 3 hours (only 50%).
I just wanted to test for first time wireless charging time.
I can not find OEM Samsung wireless charger here for my phone.
When I took off the phone from pad the back of the phone was very hot (not extremly hot).
Pad was hot too.
Is that normal?
Do I need some other wireless pad for this phone?

I know when the battery is hot that is not a good sign.
I did some software tests if those are to be trusted and they doesn't report good result except Accubattery.
So how will I know if the battery is for replacement?
Phone was purchased back in fall 2019,from first user and me as a second user got it in april this year.
I wrote before that my Screen on time is around 6.5-7 h watching yt vids 1080p and light browsing,with medium brightness but with power saving mode ON.
How will I know when is the exact moment to replace my battery?
I guess I will need to use phone without it's protection (Poetic case).With the case on the phone I don't see if the bat is swelling or not, because this case is quite wide.
But through it I don't see anything unusual,back cover looks normal.
Screenshot_20211205-093232_AccuBattery.jpg
tel2.jpg
tel1.jpg

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
3 hours is a long time. But rather than the battery failing it is likely the wireless pad only charges at 5W or 10W and that is what takes time. A lot of chargers charge that slowly wirelessly. Samsung does a 15W wireless charger but wired is almost always faster.

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong but Li baterries preffer slower charging with less current.
It's better for the health of the battery-

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong but Li baterries preffer slower charging with less current.
It's better for the health of the battery-
My understanding if manufacturer design the phone and battery for Fast charging and they do all the testing its fair to say its ok for the health of the battery.

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Manufactured nowdays design phone so you can replace it every year or two..including this one...
Do you trust apps that measure baterry health via its software?
You know that is impossible.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Manufactured nowdays design phone so you can replace it every year or two..including this one...
Do you trust apps that measure baterry health via its software?
You know that is impossible.
I agree usually around 2 year mark possible 3 the battery going need replacement depending on how user uses the phone, do i trust apps that measure battery health , I'll put it this way i dont think they are as accurate as a true tool but they can give a round about where its at , think of your car the warning lights like fuel gauge , it gives us a round about but its not precise.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
3 hours is a long time. But rather than the battery failing it is likely the wireless pad only charges at 5W or 10W and that is what takes time. A lot of chargers charge that slowly wirelessly. Samsung does a 15W wireless charger but wired is almost always faster.

I've got 2 of Samsungs original wireless chargers from back when the S6 launched, they take like 5-7 hours to charge my Note 20 Ultra. Lol

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When my Pixel 3 XL hit the 2 year mark, the battery health as reported by AccuBattery was 90%. I was habitually charging that phone to 100% (letting it charge overnight), so that gives you an idea of the general wear on a battery with those charging habits. Since my Pixel 6 Pro has a much larger battery with great battery life, I'm changing my habit so that I'm mostly charging up to 80% instead, which is supposed to prolong the battery lifespan.

The general rule of thumb is that if the battery health hits 85%, it's pretty much done (in terms of real world usage).