- 4 Posts
Can i switch att g2 to verizon?
Can i switch att g2 to verizon? i have an account with both but only my att is available for an upgrade and i need the phone for verizon ( of course ). I have tried searching threads with not much luck figured i ask here. Anyone know if i can unlock it for use with verizons 4glte network. thanks
- 10-08-2013, 04:39 PM #2
Re: Can i switch att g2 to verizon?
Verizon is a CDMA carrier, and therefore requires CDMA hardware to be active in the phone.
Generally, at least lately, you can go in reverse since just about every phone on Verizon is a "World Phone" due to the need for a SIM for LTE anyways. So you can go backwards with them to ATT/TMO, but you can't take TMO/ATT to Verizon due to the need for CDMA Voice.
Also if you do that you can't get LTE from Verizon on ATT/TMO due to the different frequencies they use.
- By Sun Ham in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 12-05-2013, 06:52 PM
- By Umass021 in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 8Last Post: 10-14-2013, 01:53 PM
- By brianduke25 in forum Motorola Droid 4Replies: 3Last Post: 10-09-2013, 09:54 AM
- By chnoukikatze in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 5Last Post: 10-08-2013, 08:41 PM
- By Shane Newbanks in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 6Last Post: 10-08-2013, 04:14 PM