Broke my GSIII now what?

ChrisS#AC

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
So I was a dummy and dropped my phone, on edge, and the screen is shot.
T-Mo, is shipping a replacement, since I op'ed for the extra insurance, and it'll be here Monday.
What do I need to do now, anything other than wait, or do I try and hack in and dl my pic's, files, etc and then try and wipe my info.
Oh yeah retrieve my Micro SD card...

Any suggestions?:-[

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
If you have to send them the broken phone, try to back up any data you'd want to keep, if possible, and then do a factory reset just to protect any sensitive data like email accounts, banking, etc. It should wipe anything private off the phone. That's assuming you can. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would try plugging the phone into your PC and pulling all the files you can.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

ChrisS#AC

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
"I would try plugging the phone into your PC and pulling all the files you can."

Yep, tried that, looks like the board is busted, I get nothing when I try and look at it through explorer, and tried calling thru Bluetooth (in the car) and that doesn't work either.
what's the process for a factory reset? I'll give that a go although I think its well and truly dead.
Cheers.

ChrisS#AC

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I searched for the Factory and hard reset process and did both hoping it works since I have no screen or other way of "seeing" what happened, other than a few beeps, I'll call it good and move on...
Thanks everyone.

ChrisS#AC

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Quick reply as a follow up;
T-mo had a replacement shipped out the next day, I received it the following Monday (3-days without a phone... quietest weekend in ages, I must try dropping it again on a regular basis).
Signed into my Google account and sync'd back up, all good.
The ONLY drawback was reinstalling my apps and another upload of the latest update (which I had just done the day before I dropped my old phone)
Now I'm creeping up on my Data limit because of that, but the whole issue cost me $5.
Thank you T-Mobile, I'm not going anywhere else.

ChrisS#AC

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Yep learned that one a little late, however I've got my Mobile data turned off while I'm around the house this weekend, everything running through home wifi.
I'll turn it back on during the week, my data will only be throttled down once it reaches 2gig and I only get 3g most of the time anyway so not a big issue.
But thanks for the tip, I'll remember it next time...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non