Stable customizable ROM for Sensation

wcoast

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Running on T-Mobile 2.3.3 ROM, rooted with S-Off and on Simple mobile network. I?ll love to do more with my HTC sensation and needs help towards the right direction.

My expectations;

Stable and fast ROM, customizable options, better battery life and more reasons never to go back to iOS with all due respect.

Thanks guys/gals for your support to a newbie

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving Bulletproof - it has some very nice custom options built right into Settings. You need SuperCID to flash it. The ROM itself can be found here.

2UuwFm.png

wcoast

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving Bulletproof - it has some very nice custom options built right into Settings. You need SuperCID to flash it. The ROM itself can be found here.

2UuwFm.png

Done with Super CID, do I flash bulletproof 0.4.1 afterwards upgrade to Bulletproof 0.3 => 0.4.1 Upgrade and
Do I need to wipe/factory reset before flash

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Done with Super CID, do I flash bulletproof 0.4.1 afterwards upgrade to Bulletproof 0.3 => 0.4.1 Upgrade and
Do I need to wipe/factory reset before flash

Definitely wipe. No need to flash the Bullet proof upgrade, just flash the full 0.4.1 ROM.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

wcoast

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Definitely wipe. No need to flash the Bullet proof upgrade, just flash the full 0.4.1 ROM.

Thanks, done flashing Bullet proof, everything appears to be working well, fast boot time, rooted, 2.3.4 ROM, tweak option and other stuff I have not explored.

Note: After restart I see Tell HTC the phone has recovered from an abnormal reset, would you like to tell THC?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, done flashing Bullet proof, everything appears to be working well, fast boot time, rooted, 2.3.4 ROM, tweak option and other stuff I have not explored.

Note: After restart I see Tell HTC the phone has recovered from an abnormal reset, would you like to tell THC?

Don't send them an error report. I actually froze that app with Titanium Backup so I wouldn't get that message when using the extended power menu.

wcoast

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, I’m only getting Edge and no long 4G data, any help and the battery is draining quick without me running any app.

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
To calibrated battery: charge to 100%, boot into Clockwork, go to Advanced>Wipe battery stats, then let phone run until it dies.

To fix data: open phone dialer, dial *#*#4636#*#*, go to Phone Information, Toggle Ciphering off, Turn Radio off, Turn Radio on, Toggle Ciphering on.

What background apps?

Last edited:

wcoast

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
To calibrated battery: charge to 100%, boot into Clockwork, go to Advanced>Wipe battery stats, then let phone run until it dies.

To fix data: open phone dialer, dial *#*#4636#*#*, go to Phone Information, Toggle Ciphering off, Turn Radio off, Turn Radio on, Toggle Ciphering on.

What background apps?

Done, my data is still showing E

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Skype, Whatsapp and Google voice

Have you tried force closing and/or reinstalling them?

Done, my data is still showing E

Weird - not sure what's going on there. If it doesn't start showing 4G or H (depending on what you have selected) after a day or so, you can try installing a different radio. I'm using 10.56.9035.00U_10.14.9035.01 and it's working great. If you go this route, you'll also need to flash the companion RIL file.

wcoast

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Switched network mode to GSM/WCDMA auto and 4G data appears to be working now, still playing with the background apps and will report back. Thanks

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Does Bullet proof support video calls and visual voicemail or is there tweak that can make the magic happen

All the T-Mobile apps (aka bloatware) can be found here: "Stock Apps---->". Get the visual voicemail app, and copy it to /system/app on your phone. Root Explorer works well for this.

As for "video calls" do you mean Google Talk with video? If so that should already be included in the ROM.

wcoast

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
While using iPhone 4, my friends were able to FaceTime/video call my cell number even with me on simple mobile network.

Are there tweaks I need to take advantage of and must have apps I need to DL. So far I’m impressed and must say the Bulletproof runs smooth and more stable than the T-Mobile 2.3.3. I need to add that my WiFi signal improved, I'm enjoying the battery percentage and color change option as well as fast boot.

Does rooted android have like cydia and what’s the Bloater for.

Is it normal to be getting unable to detect your current time zone error message every time I reboot.

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
1) While using iPhone 4, my friends were able to FaceTime/video call my cell number even with me on simple mobile network.

2) Are there tweaks I need to take advantage of and must have apps I need to DL. So far I?m impressed and must say the Bulletproof runs smooth and more stable than the T-Mobile 2.3.3. I need to add that my WiFi signal improved, I'm enjoying the battery percentage and color change option as well as fast boot.

3) Does rooted android have like cydia and what?s the Bloater for.

4) Is it normal to be getting unable to detect your current time zone error message every time I reboot.

1) You can use Google Talk to video chat with other people on Google Talk - either on their phone or computer.

2) Depends on what you're looking for - anything specific?

3) Bloater is to restore stock apps/features that were removed to lighten the ROM. If you're referring to Cydia as a way to download pirated apps, discussion of that is prohibited here per the Forum Rules.

4) I get that sometimes too - shouldn't be detrimental.

wcoast

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
1) You can use Google Talk to video chat with other people on Google Talk - either on their phone or computer.

2) Depends on what you're looking for - anything specific?

3) Bloater is to restore stock apps/features that were removed to lighten the ROM. If you're referring to Cydia as a way to download pirated apps, discussion of that is prohibited here per the Forum Rules.

4) I get that sometimes too - shouldn't be detrimental.

I?m referring to Cydia as in themes, custom wallpapers and video ringtones.

My Skype video call is working great now.

I can now say I?m officially an android fan and BYE to iOS.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I?m referring to Cydia as in themes, custom wallpapers and video ringtones.

My Skype video call is working great now.

I can now say I?m officially an android fan and BYE to iOS.

HTC "Skins" are easily switchable mini-themes - you can find some here. Themes that change more system elements must be flashed in Clockwork - find them here. Create folders on your SD card named "wallpapers" and "ringtones" - place images and audio files in their respective folders and reboot to select them in Settings.

Reactions: wcoast

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk