16 GB Memory Question - not about the microSD

allyn274

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I've finally come around to understanding that there's not any expandable memory on the Nexus S, but I just wondered about the 16GB. Is it all FULLY available? You know, remember the whole thing about the G2 coming with 4GB, but only 1.3 or something was available to users? Just curious if anyone can say anything about this or if we know....

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I read that it sees this as similar as having a 16GB microsd card in your phone. So the move app to sd card feature works the same even though it's fixed memory. Maybe next week when more reviews come in, we'll find out if this if 16GB shared with the OS or not.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It's predicted that it'll retain about 2 GBs for apps, and allow 13-14 GBs for free use - much like the Galaxy S lines do now.

It makes sense.

The lack of an expandable SD card slot seems like one of many detracting reason to not jump on the Nexus S.

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I agree it seems we'll be stuck with fixed memory like the iPhone and Pre. Just means that I would need to carry my iPad or iPod for media since 13-14GB is not enough for me. I don't like syncing and the N1 was the first phone I've had that truly can be used alone without having to connect to my computer to sync info. Wireless sync FTW.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I think the purpose of not having an SD card is to allow for faster I/o speeds between the phone and its memory hence the inand memory.

But more than likely some of the phones memory is going to be taken up by the operating system.
My guess is its going to be like the iPhone.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree it seems we'll be stuck with fixed memory like the iPhone and Pre. Just means that I would need to carry my iPad or iPod for media since 13-14GB is not enough for me. I don't like syncing and the N1 was the first phone I've had that truly can be used alone without having to connect to my computer to sync info. Wireless sync FTW.

u forgot window phone 7. well except the focus. (correct me if im wrong)

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
True Windows Phone 7 is turning out that way too. Maybe we are the minority who want expandable memory?

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
But eith windows 7 phones, once you put a memory card in it, it gets "married" to that phone. And dont put one in one of them if you have data on it already, cause it will be gone

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
But eith windows 7 phones, once you put a memory card in it, it gets "married" to that phone. And dont put one in one of them if you have data on it already, cause it will be gone

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I think only the focus have a sd card slot. not sure for the hd7, surround, etc. but if we are thinking from this angle in comparison to other OS phone....this no SD slot doesnt sound as bad. Still not happy, but not as bad as when it first broke out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez