T-Mobile Note 3: To all the EXPERTS out there .. a BROTHER NEEDS SOME HELP

WeeDiuX

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I wanna say thank you for taking the time and reading this
I don't usually write in anywhere.. except facebook n all those social things
I don't know if am in the right place or not so excuse me
But here's my story

got a jailbroken iphone 4s, Love it, customized every single detail in it, cuz i believe in uniqueness and everybody supposed to do whatever they want with the things they buy, since i paid .. i don't wanna see limits
didn't get the iphone 5 nor 5s .. 4s was enough

Then i thought of a new phone to get and i saw this samsung galaxy note 3 and i liked it, so i start searching about how to jailbreak or ( Root it ) as ya'll call it
So.. everybody was saying its so easy and i saw a lot of video's and threads about it (Knowing that this only for t-mobile) .. so i went to t-mobile and got one
It was ( SM-N900T , 4.3 , JellyBean )

went back.. charged it full.. ready to root.. all files are good and set.. all the applications and usb drivers are installed perfectly .. ( Windows 7, Windows XP,Mac ) tried every single things that those people said ... but NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING Works, am just tired ya'll, i updated it to ( 4.4.2 Kitkat ) and tried again everything with timing and all that { Re-downloaded all files again in Mac, Windo....... } but nothing

The reason I bought this phone was to root it ... Not anything else .. and am not doing anything illegal
even that guy from t mobile told me [ Don't you wanna upgrade your warranty ? ] I told him [ yo .. am gonna root this [inappropriate language removed by moderator] as soon as i get home ] he replied [ but.. but your gonna lose the warranty ] .... Who CAAARES .. I know what am doing .. If I messed it up its my fault i'll try n fix it .. but ANYBODY SOMEBODY in this weird world HEEEEELP

Excuse me if i said anything upset anyone, my bad its just am pissed a lil, staring at the phone like its nothing:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: To all the EXPERTS out there .. a BROTHER NEEDS SOME HELP

If you updated to KitKat you may not be able to root yet. Might just be a matter of time.

I'm sure some of our Note members will chime in soon

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

WeeDiuX

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site

all right ffejjj .. thanx for replying .. means so much
so at least i know that there's a way i just need to wait .... cuz in my mind was like no way after this update
and am new to android world, still learning

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

all right ffejjj .. thanx for replying .. means so much
so at least i know that there's a way i just need to wait .... cuz in my mind was like no way after this update
and am new to android world, still learning

EASY STEPS >>> STOCK ODIN N900TUVUCNB4 -> CF-ROOT -> Philz-Recovery -> FIX -> done! - xda-developers

Search XDA developers and thee shall find... 4.4.2 root..

- - - Updated - - -

If you updated to KitKat you may not be able to root yet. Might just be a matter of time.

I'm sure some of our Note members will chime in soon

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

For an Ambassador you are very ... very out of the loop... *Points... off with his Ambassador tag!*

WeeDiuX

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site

EASY STEPS >>> STOCK ODIN N900TUVUCNB4 -> CF-ROOT -> Philz-Recovery -> FIX -> done! - xda-developers

Search XDA developers and thee shall find... 4.4.2 root..

- - - Updated - - -

For an Ambassador you are very ... very out of the loop... *Points... off with his Ambassador tag!*

Ok thanx .. but please can you be more specific ... Odin Stock ??? which version u mean or where can i download it .. CF-Root .. i tried (900T .. 9005) nothing worked .. philz recoevery .. haven't tried that but please give me more info's am new to Android .. i know am sorry that am a newbie but plz its the last thing to ask...

This is to anyone who might reply later
PLZ GIVE US IN DEEP DETAILS SO ANYONE VISITS THIS THREAD CAN GET FAST ANSWERS INSTEAD OF SCROLLING THRU PAGES
Thanx again

Bu Nor

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Ok thanx .. but please can you be more specific ... Odin Stock ??? which version u mean or where can i download it .. CF-Root .. i tried (900T .. 9005) nothing worked .. philz recoevery .. haven't tried that but please give me more info's am new to Android .. i know am sorry that am a newbie but plz its the last thing to ask...

PLZ GIVE US IN DEEP DETAILS SO ANYONE VISITS THIS THREAD CAN GET FAST ANSWERS INSTEAD OF SCROLLING THRU PAGES
Thanx again

First of did you unzip the CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5 folder? if not you have to download Winrar software extract it on desktop you'll get this CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5 Remember smn900T won't work so you're going to use smn9005. Odin v3.0.9 you'll have to right click run as administrator, select -AP- input upload the file you extracted on your desktop you'll see .tar.md5 on the end don't touch anything else then hit the start button after it successfully download your phone will reboot if it stuck on boot loop take out the battery & press power,home & volume down all together to go to download mode Dont continue you have to cancel it by pressing volume down...... there you go your phone will reboot normally...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick question.. Why root? Do you want to root just to do it or did you have a plan to use an app the required this permission?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

No need to be rude. Just because we have the Ambassador tag doesn't mean we know every little thing 100%... We are human just like you :).

Also as he said he doesn't have a Note so he wasn't sure :).

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

Thanx again

All the steps and downloads are on the page I linked you but I can tell from the horrible spelling and what not you are not willing to read. Every download and step you need to take is pretty well explained in the thread I linked.

WeeDiuX

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site

First of did you unzip the CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5 folder? if not you have to download Winrar software extract it on desktop you'll get this CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5 Remember smn900T won't work so you're going to use smn9005. Odin v3.0.9 you'll have to right click run as administrator, select -AP- input upload the file you extracted on your desktop you'll see .tar.md5 on the end don't touch anything else then hit the start button after it successfully download your phone will reboot if it stuck on boot loop take out the battery & press power,home & volume down all together to go to download mode Dont continue you have to cancel it by pressing volume down...... there you go your phone will reboot normally...

Thank you so much .. I'll try again

WeeDiuX

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Just a quick question.. Why root? Do you want to root just to do it or did you have a plan to use an app the required this permission?

Am not like those kids who do something cuz people do it and think its cool ... i do it for a reason .. and not to download apps or games for free that costs money on google play .. No .. half of the apps i got now got some good options that i'd like to use .. but root require .. its like whats the point of the app .. other things too like connecting ps3 controller and a lot of stuff .. yo .. apple is waaaaaaaaaaaaay easier .. and am new to android so don't blame me

WeeDiuX

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site

All the steps and downloads are on the page I linked you but I can tell from the horrible spelling and what not you are not willing to read. Every download and step you need to take is pretty well explained in the thread I linked.

First of all .. I just noticed the link .. so thank you for that .. second .. don't judge about spelling cuz you ain't perfect too .. 3rd thank you again

WeeDiuX

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site

Ok ..Just wanted to keep you updated .. nothing worked .. am tired .. i'll just look for someone to do it for me .. but thanks for everyone who helped

sarceneaux

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

Ok ..Just wanted to keep you updated .. nothing worked .. am tired .. i'll just look for someone to do it for me .. but thanks for everyone who helped
hey did you ever have any issues with your chord? i know this may sound strange but i got a faulty chord that only charges in a certain position. since my note 3 only likes the chord that came with it i had to sit like a mannequin, flash the 9005 root method about 10 times until it stayed it that spot long enough to finish. i think i had to use odin 3.07 also. not sure if this helps but just putting it out there.

WeeDiuX

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site

hey did you ever have any issues with your chord? i know this may sound strange but i got a faulty chord that only charges in a certain position. since my note 3 only likes the chord that came with it i had to sit like a mannequin, flash the 9005 root method about 10 times until it stayed it that spot long enough to finish. i think i had to use odin 3.07 also. not sure if this helps but just putting it out there.

I'll be specific .. the only problem that am having now is whenever i connect galaxy note 3 ( Turned On ) to Odin ( 1.85 , 3.07 , 3.09 ) it detects it .. but when i turn my phone into ( download mode ) Odin can't find my phone , I tried all version , i just give up but thanx tho

I don't know if this might help someone out there
but here is a website to use Odin Online
If you use Mac then you better Use ( FireFox )

jodin3.casual-dev.com

This Online Odin is the only Odin that detects my phone when its on { download mode }
but i can't root because it asks for ( PIT ) file ... and I don't know where to find one
when i say i don't have one it says that [ We can download it for you ] but it fails at the end
it didn't work for me but it might work with somebody that's luckier than me

hope that helps someone out there