Vibrant Dev Team

gothdroid

Mar 20, 2010
www.twitter.com
I posted this on xda, so I think you could consider this a cross post. I was thinking about getting a dev team together for the Vibrant. We've got the kernel and source code from Samsung and of course we've got all the source code we could ever want from Google. I was wondering how many people would like to help me start cooking up a ROM for the Vibrant. You can PM me on here or xda if interested.

CBPilu

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
hello AC. New user here. Just curious but couldnt any ROMs that get created for the vibrant be applied to any of the other galaxy s phones? Im stuck on at&t so I will be purchasing a captivate in a few days. Not that skilled of a programmer but have enough knowledge and would be happy to test any of the ROMS that are getting created.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, you all will need a recovery image to aid in flashing ROMs first. Someone should work on that if there is anyone here that knows how to do that. Then, you can flash, wipe, partition sd card.
From there, you can flash .zip files from the sd card.
I'm interested in helping if I can for the Epic (but I figure the recovery image could be very similar between all galaxy S phones since they more or less have the same physical buttons.

ArtimusCF

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I also would like to help, however the Vibrant is my first Android device and I don't have any experience in rooting.

If one of you fine chaps wouldn't mind sending me in the direction of a good learning resource I can build up my knowledge base and get cracking.

Also, isn't there already the capability of rooting the phone?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Anybody know anything about porting??? There should be a Froyo leak coming out in the Morning, but its likely just for European models... some things may need to be changed for this to work on the Vibrant, and I don't mind doing the legwork if someone can point me in the right direction.

Update: looks like its going to be a while. We can't simply port this ROM over since the boot.img hasn't been obtained yet for the vibrant.

Last edited:

mflash

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey Does anyone have a volume hack set up for Vibrant yet. My volume both incall/media playback sucks. I have the code access for the service menu but dont know under audio settings how to adjust. Someone Help.. I love my Vibrant but would like better volume. Thanks Mflash

ArtimusCF

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
As I mentioned before, I'd love to help, but don't have any experience in this field. Vibrant is my first Android, but I'm willing to read up on some stuff learn if you can point me in the right direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaee