Outlook Contacts and Calendar to Vibrant?

TheSVPdeal

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The Vibrant is my first Android phone after 7 years of Blackberries. I figured it was a perfect handset to start with.

Here's the deal:
All of my contacts and calendar items are in Outlook. How do I get those things properly synced over?

I'm new so here's my problem with Gmail: I don't want every email address that I send or receive to and from to end up in my phone contacts.

Please don't refer me to other posts in the forums unless you can provide a link. I'm looking for specifics.

Thank you in advance.

Daedalus

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Saving random emails?

you just need to export the contact list that will export all contact info under each person into a comma delimited file. it will save only the info you have on each outlook contact. this will not affect email at all.

TheSVPdeal

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Just found out that the best way to do this is to Download Sumsung Kies from Samsung's website. It's like a desktop manager for Blackberry. It lets you syn Outlook and media.

miatagrrl

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for a way to import my Outlook contacts to my Vibrant. I read about the Kies application in this thread and installed it. After plugging in my Vibrant, Kies said that the Vibrant is not a supported phone. Now what? Also I noticed that when I closed Kies with the Vibrant still connected to my PC, the Vibrant could no longer be viewed in Windows Explorer, even after selecting the portable device option from the Vibrant. Is Kies buggy? Any other way to get my Outlook data into my phone? Thank you -

miatagrrl

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Update: Shortly after I posted my question, I did more searching and discovered Companion Link and Deja Office. They worked like a charm, and the software is very easy to use. How can we get word out that this is the application to use? It's fabulous! I know a lot of people are having problems with this issue, and this is a great solution!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez