t mobile devices

Dave Begue

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. I would like recommendations for which phone to get for t-mobile. I like flashing a lot of different roms. Which phone for use on t mobile has the most development going on? Thanks!

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Under Google Plays Device category you'll find an unlocked Galaxy Nexus for $400 that will work on T-Mobiles HSPA+ 21 network. Right now, that is the hottest android dev platform for roms, etc.

Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I second the Galaxy Nexus recommendation.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Dave Begue

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Spend double now, and save by not getting milked by the classic plan over 2 years and spending $1000± for the phone along with a pile of T-Mobile crapware.

Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile

tbonn41fn

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
If you use T-Mobile.com it has all the phones on there for you to go off of. Use it for references

Sent from my HTC VLE_U

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Sensation 4G? You didn't stipulate if you wanted to buy from T-Mobile or on the open market....

// Sent from my Interociter using the AC forum app //

Masema

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Sensation 4G? You didn't stipulate if you wanted to buy from T-Mobile or on the open market....

I'm not the OP, but I'm considering going to T-Mobile's "Monthly 4g" prepaid plan. Obviously the Nexus would be cool but I'd rather spend more like 100-200, if possible. 4g isn't actually important to me, 3g is probably fine.

I'm open to buying from T-Mobile or "open market" (as long as that's not a euphemism for "black market" ;) ).

Right now I have an LG Optimus V (Virgin Mobile), so almost anything will be a step up hardware-wise.

T-Mobile's site lists the following:
T-Mobile Prism ($150)
Samsung Dart ($150)
Samsung Exhibit II 4G ($250)
myTouch Q ($300)
T-Mobile Sidekick 4G ($330)
LG Optimus T ($180)
Samsung Gravity Smart ($200)

I'm having trouble finding what phones from other sources would work on T-Mobile USA. Obviously unlocked, GSM, but what else?

Edit: To heck with it, I ordered a Galaxy Nexus. Happy Birthday to me! :)

Last edited:

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I believe they have a web-only special for another day: Amaze $0 after rebates. A very good phone for that price....

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I believe they have a web-only special for another day: Amaze $0 after rebates. A very good phone for that price....

Those promotions are only if you sign for a two year plan, and I think they're looking to go prepaid.

Reactions: ChromeJob

Masema

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Those promotions are only if you sign for a two year plan, and I think they're looking to go prepaid.

That's correct for me at least I'm going prepaid. And even though I'm getting a G.Nex, I am still interested if anyone has any opinions on a sub-$200 prepaid option. I suspect my wife won't be happy with the Optimus hand-me-down for long ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38