Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By damink23
  • 1 Post By damink23
  • 3 Post By dumbgeniuz
  • 2 Post By damink23
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I switch to T-Mobile?

Ive been having issues with sprint since I signed up 3 months ago. My nexus is paid for so I am not on contract. I am nervous that when I leave Wilmington,Nc that I wont be able to stream pandora on tmobiles 2g network. Leaving sprint is the last thing I want to do since I am paying around $26 a month for 2 lines with unlimited everything. Its hard to beat that price, but the network is pretty crappy right now.

Help me out guys, I need some insight on what you would recommend!!

Posted via Android Central App
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,734 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Default Re: Should I switch to T-Mobile?

If coverage is important, why not test drive T mobiles network? Then decide after that?

Like Johnly said, you have to compare the networks yourself, or ask users around you how their experience is. T-Mobile's coverage is greatly dependent on your specific location so it is hard for others to say if it is worth switching or not for you. Even if Sprint is performing slow for you, based on the price you are paying, it still may not be worth switching to T-Mobile if the coverage isn't any better in your area.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

The coverage is much greater here in Wilmington,NC. I might have to test out the tmobile network.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaramie3 View Post
    The coverage is much greater here in Wilmington,NC. I might have to test out the tmobile network.

For sure - try hopping on the $30 prepaid plan to test out the service and then fully port in if it is satisfactory.

If T-Mobile is good in your area you should definitely switch. But you won't know until you try.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I'm actually heading to the T-Mobile store tomorrow, and I'll post to let you guys know my experience. I was once again on 1x on sprint in the heart of the city. This is unacceptable in my opinion.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

As I am someone who is on sprint and thinking of switching, I will be interested in your results. I also have the Nexus 5.
    I'm actually heading to the T-Mobile store tomorrow, and I'll post to let you guys know my experience. I was once again on 1x on sprint in the heart of the city. This is unacceptable in my opinion.

Jaramie10 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I've had the T-Mobile pre paid Sim card in for 2 days and wow what a difference. The phone feels do much faster and I'm no longer having voicemail issues. I highly recommend doing what I did and test out the network before you switch. T-Mobile destroys sprint in call quality, speed, indoor coverage, and overall performance in my area. Let me know what you do!!

I've had the T-Mobile pre paid Sim card in for 2 days and wow what a difference. The phone feels do much faster and I'm no longer having voicemail issues. I highly recommend doing what I did and test out the network before you switch. T-Mobile destroys sprint in call quality, speed, indoor coverage, and overall performance in my area. Let me know what you do!!

The only thing stopping me from using T-Mobile as my main line is that signal strength is absolutely terrible at my desk at work. Otherwise, it's decent, but not quite as reliable as VZW in my area. I really wish I could fully switch over but just can't do it yet.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I am awaiting the arrival of a pre-paid tmobile phone to test out.

Jaramie10 likes this.

Just switched 3 days ago From sprint and all I can say is I am loving tmobile ... great service and super fast .

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

If you dont mind, where are you located?

Anyone with experience with t-mobile in Mass?

Quote Originally Posted by dumbgeniuz View Post
    Just switched 3 days ago From sprint and all I can say is I am loving tmobile ... great service and super fast .

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I ended up making the switch and couldn't be more happy. Service where I am has been equal or better than sprint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    yfan and Almeuit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by damink23 View Post
    I ended up making the switch and couldn't be more happy. Service where I am has been equal or better than sprint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Glad to hear it is working out for you! .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.