WOW TMobile you SUCK!! I was fooled !

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaManx22

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
So after being with VZW for 9 years and having virtually zero issues with their network or dropped calls they decided to **** me off and take my unlimited data away from me. Being the gullible person I am I let the brash loud mouth snake oil salesman known as the Tmobile CEO convince me I should try out his amazing service and network. I sold me VZW phone and bought a TM phone and was thrilled about sticking it to the big red monster.

After a month + of spotty at best network coverage in areas that they claim to have 4G LTE and more dropped calls in the past week than I've had the entire time with VZW I am pissed!!:mad: TM is all talk with nothing to back it up but abysmal service.

If you're thinking about switching to TM DON'T DO IT, YOU WILL BE SORRY!!

I will be switching to Cricket Mobile tomorrow and will stay with them for the foreseeable future

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's area specific. I had to dump Verizon and AT&T because they could not get me data at my house. Only T-Mobile has been able to do that. They have the entire front range of Colorado covered. I can't say I've ever had a dropped call and my data works everywhere I go.

Love T-Mobile.

Sorry you had trouble.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So after being with VZW for 9 years and having virtually zero issues with their network or dropped calls they decided to **** me off and take my unlimited data away from me. Being the gullible person I am I let the brash loud mouth snake oil salesman known as the Tmobile CEO convince me I should try out his amazing service and network. I sold me VZW phone and bought a TM phone and was thrilled about sticking it to the big red monster.

After a month + of spotty at best network coverage in areas that they claim to have 4G LTE and more dropped calls in the past week than I've had the entire time with VZW I am pissed!!:mad: TM is all talk with nothing to back it up but abysmal service.

If you're thinking about switching to TM DON'T DO IT, YOU WILL BE SORRY!!

I will be switching to Cricket Mobile tomorrow and will stay with them for the foreseeable future

Where are you located?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

DaManx22

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Another thing I have to add, their no contract plans are BS too. They charge ridiculous prices for their phones in the hopes that you will sign up for the payment plan which locks you in for 2 years and then they turn around and brag about "no contracts".

They are charging $600-$700 for phones I can get at BestBuy for $99-$150 with a VZW contract.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Another thing I have to add, their no contract plans are BS too. They charge ridiculous prices for their phones in the hopes that you will sign up for the payment plan which locks you in for 2 years and then they turn around and brag about "no contracts".

They are charging $600-$700 for phones I can get at BestBuy for $99-$150 with a VZW contract.

So two things.....

One, you could have tried it out before making the switch to see if the service was acceptable to you first.

Two, you can bring your own phone to T-Mobile. No need to only buy the limited overpriced selection they have. Just get an unlocked phone somewhere, stick in a T-Mobile Sim...boom. Done. That's what I did. No two year commitment.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

You are still paying the full cost of that phone over the length of the Verizon contract. It's just included in the monthly price.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
This thread could be written about any carrier. You need to do your research first. They are all not that different in the end. You just need to find the one that suits your needs the best.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

The contract price seems lower but you're still paying for the full price of the phone over 2 years with higher monthly cell rate. For example, with ATT you pay $40/ mo for a cell line on contract or $15/mo off contract (or with the NEXT plan). Either way, you're going to pay the full price of the phone eventually.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Another fine example of the consumer not doing his /her research prior to making an important decision.

My TMO experience has been the opposite. I left Sprint ( was a 10+ year customer with them) 2 months before TMO turned on LTE.. I am extremely happy with TMO.

Yung_Dilla

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Sooo because you don't like t mobile means its not gonna work for anyone? Let's go through a few things shall we?

For one its area specific do you can't say overall they suck I love t mobile I had sprint they were good too but they don't seem to care about basic things like hd voice so I left after my contract. Also that while no data while on the phone was really starting to get to me I've been needing it more and more. Still no problems service eise t mobile just did it better for me.

Regardless if you pay the 150-200 on vzw you still pay the full amount of the phone and in some cases more because your bill doesn't drop on vzw once it's paid. On t mobile you pay the full price of the phone and once it's paid your bill does indeed drop. Also you can bring your own phone as I did. Nexus 6 ftw flashed t mobiles software for wireless calling and I'm good.

Don'tmake your problems everyone's problem.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
With any carrier you should always do your research before switching. No carrier is perfect everywhere and they really depend on location, location, location. I would suggest always checking out 3rd party sites like Home | RootMetrics to see if the coverage / service is up to par for your location.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

I just switched from Verizon to Cricket and am pretty happy with the service. I have 3 phones on Cricket for $100 with tax a month. I couldn't get that on Verizon. Speeds are limited on Cricket but they are fast enough for what I want to do.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'll say this:

Never make the mistake of assuming your experience matches everyone else's.

I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile in January of 2014. Two years in, I have zero regrets about the switch. Recent network improvements have put T-Mo's coverage on par with Verizon in my area, in fact, there are a couple of spots where T-Mobile works and VZW is dead in the water. Customer service has been awesome even. So for me, in every conceivable aspect, my mobile experience improved by moving to T-Mobile.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sooo because you don't like t mobile means its not gonna work for anyone? Let's go through a few things shall we?

For one its area specific do you can't say overall they suck I love t mobile I had sprint they were good too but they don't seem to care about basic things like hd voice so I left after my contract. Also that while no data while on the phone was really starting to get to me I've been needing it more and more. Still no problems service eise t mobile just did it better for me.

Regardless if you pay the 150-200 on vzw you still pay the full amount of the phone and in some cases more because your bill doesn't drop on vzw once it's paid. On t mobile you pay the full price of the phone and once it's paid your bill does indeed drop. Also you can bring your own phone as I did. Nexus 6 ftw flashed t mobiles software for wireless calling and I'm good.

Don'tmake your problems everyone's problem.

On the current Verizon plan or the legacy more everything plan and share everything plans that preceeded it, Verizon will give you a $15-25 line access discount. On legacy plans past the last 3 generations then you will not get a discount for being off contract, but the same is true of Tmobile's old plans.

But most definitely, no carrier has the best service at every single location. Everyone should research to see which carrier is best for them. And this needs to be hands on, not based on any maps.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I switched from Vz a few months ago and saved a bunch (5 lines cost me $260 with 10 gb data per line / Verizon would be $300 + and only have 16 gb to share). Coverage wise, NYC metro area is great, no complaints but when travelling is can get bad to no reception.
Like many have said, whatever works for you... I can deal with occasional dead spots as I'm in the city most of the time

The panda has spoken

PeteNote3

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I just switched to Cricket Wireless last night. We were using AT&T for many many years but it's just too expensive. Since Cricket runs off of ATT cell towers I did not need to have my phone unlocked. I just swapped the Sim card which was 10 bucks then booted her up. So far I can not tell any difference in service.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
B.S.!! , VZW's plans are a whopping $15 more and I was getting a 17% discount.

Keep thinking you're getting a good deal at TM.

Some of us definitely are.. It just depends on usage, your needs, and if the carrier works (coverage) for you. I pay $50 a month and get to use 100-150 GB of data. That's a steal compared to other carriers.

Just like some of my forum team.. They hang on to unlimited data even with Verizon since it's a good deal (since they have high data usage). Just remember carriers are area dependent. You always have to do your homework before switching.

Status
Not open for further replies.