Note 3: Thinking about getting this...can I get some impressions from users.

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys! So I've been due for an upgrade for awhile and originally was planning to get a WP8 device, however I've since settled that I think I would prefer to go back to Android (Currently using an Iphone5). Every time I go into Best Buy I can't help but to play with the Galaxy Note 3's they have set up on display, and I've started to notice that as I often go back it's getting easier for me to hold and use. This has lead me towards the decision about getting a Phablet.

I was just hoping to get some people's impressions about what they like, and don't like regarding the phone. How's the battery life? Will I have to hold back if I'm a heavy user or will I be okay if I pick it up at 10AM and it goes on the charger at 11pm/12am. How's the software, as people seem to have mixed opinions about Touchwiz and it seems like a lot of people say it's laggy/slow and I'm not sure if that's just because they only like pure android.

Also I was wondering if anyone thinks it'll go lower than $199 for AT&T in the not to distant future. :-$

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Thinking about getting this...can I get some impressions from users.

Hey guys! So I've been due for an upgrade for awhile and originally was planning to get a WP8 device, however I've since settled that I think I would prefer to go back to Android (Currently using an Iphone5). Every time I go into Best Buy I can't help but to play with the Galaxy Note 3's they have set up on display, and I've started to notice that as I often go back it's getting easier for me to hold and use. This has lead me towards the decision about getting a Phablet.

I was just hoping to get some people's impressions about what they like, and don't like regarding the phone. How's the battery life? Will I have to hold back if I'm a heavy user or will I be okay if I pick it up at 10AM and it goes on the charger at 11pm/12am. How's the software, as people seem to have mixed opinions about Touchwiz and it seems like a lot of people say it's laggy/slow and I'm not sure if that's just because they only like pure android.

Also I was wondering if anyone thinks it'll go lower than $199 for AT&T in the not to distant future. :-$
Don't have a Note 3, but I know several people in person and several here in the forums who do.
Battery life is great, and most were able to get through a day with no issues. (Usually with more than 5-6 hours of screen time)
TouchWiz on the Note 3 isn't laggy as it is on older Samsung devices like the S3/4 and Note 2. If you don't like the UI, you can always install a third party launcher :)
As for the price, I don't see it going down until the Note 4 is released, but you may be able to get it at a Best Buy or Costco for less

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site

It's usually $299...i have great battery life...go for it, I love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Sqrlzrus

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

Coming from an iPhone I want to go back.
It might be I am just not enough of a tech junky for this thing.

What I like about the note 3
  • the stylus is awesome
  • I can write on the screen and it converts to text - works well
  • Audio commands - work very well
  • Big screen and area for keyboard - love it
  • Battery life - excellent!

What I miss about my iPhone
  • It read my texts to me
  • Siri
  • I had a different sound for about 10 different callers without setting up "groups"
  • When I switched every person I know with an iPhone had to delete my mobile number and add a new one before I could get texts from the - this sucked alot!

I did buy what I consider the very best case
Amazon.com: i-Blason Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III N9000 Smart Phone Leather Slim Book Case Cover with Stand Feature (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

But that same company makes screen protectors that are horrible - I could not get it on!
If you live anywhere near Oxnard I would be happy to trade you!

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Take the plunge. The phone is great. Do your research before you do it however. For example what apps you can and can't get, how to move information over, and how to properly disable imessage before you switch. The last one is very important.

The one thing that you will have to get used to is the size. Other than that it's a fantastic device with a great battery life.

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I got it for $ 150 in ATT online store in 1st week of feb. You can check if the offer is still available

Posted via Android Central App

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the impressions guys I get more excited as I watch youtube reviews. Think I'm going to contact AT&T soon and see if they'll waive my upgrade fee first.

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

Coming from an iPhone I want to go back.
It might be I am just not enough of a tech junky for this thing.

What I like about the note 3
  • the stylus is awesome
  • I can write on the screen and it converts to text - works well
  • Audio commands - work very well
  • Big screen and area for keyboard - love it
  • Battery life - excellent!

What I miss about my iPhone

• [*] It read my texts to me
  • Siri
  • I had a different sound for about 10 different callers without setting up "groups"
  • When I switched every person I know with an iPhone had to delete my mobile number and add a new one before I could get texts from the - this sucked alot!

I did buy what I consider the very best case
Amazon.com: i-Blason Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III N9000 Smart Phone Leather Slim Book Case Cover with Stand Feature (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

But that same company makes screen protectors that are horrible - I could not get it on!
If you live anywhere near Oxnard I would be happy to trade you!

It will read your text to you..
In hands free mode..
Not sure it will work though unless you are in the car moving..

Brockly

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Have a note 3 came from a iPhone 4s

The voice to text is way way better

You can draw on this thing and draw well and I love it

You don't have a headlock on you from iTunes. Your free!!!!!!

You can use it as a mobile hard drive take movies music doc anything if you have the room to your buddy's house

What I hate :

Old old way to hear your voice message.

Call a number and " message 1 " blab blab blab" you want to delete save etc
Message 2 ..... oooooo OMG I want to see who left a message and listen to the ones I care about and delete the rest. Feel like I'm back in the 90's

It's a great phone jump the fence

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Have a note 3 came from a iPhone 4s

The voice to text is way way better

You can draw on this thing and draw well and I love it

You don't have a headlock on you from iTunes. Your free!!!!!!

You can use it as a mobile hard drive take movies music doc anything if you have the room to your buddy's house

What I hate :

Old old way to hear your voice message.

Call a number and " message 1 " blab blab blab" you want to delete save etc
Message 2 ..... oooooo OMG I want to see who left a message and listen to the ones I care about and delete the rest. Feel like I'm back in the 90's

It's a great phone jump the fence

Visual Voicemail App: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.att.mobile.android.vvm&token=DrU64Tq5

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Just picked mine up last week and couldn't be happier! By far the best device for me to date and I have tried them all.

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Leaving apple was similar to quitting smoking or going on a diet. At first you're miserable, but as each day passes you start to realize how much better you feel. All the options and life is pretty nice outside of the compound. I'm now on my 3rd Galaxy device and I couldn't be happier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Leaving apple was similar to quitting smoking or going on a diet. At first you're miserable, but as each day passes you start to realize how much better you feel. All the options and life is pretty nice outside of the compound. I'm now on my 3rd Galaxy device and I couldn't be happier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Couldn't have described the Apple departure better, very well said!

Flyin2low

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Battery life is great. It is faster than iPhone5 as far as opening apps. Big screen with a stylus. I really appreciate the speakers on it. The clarity during calls is outstanding as well as the noise suppression. It ran well on the JellyBean OS and now better on KitKit OS. Mine is original/stock and have no problems with software or SD cards. Get It. I just came over from an iPhone4.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I too always heard it from people when I changed my number but I pretty much told them all to get over it. How hard is it to change a number in a cell phone for pete's sake? Anyway, I use Google Voice and I tell all of them they can use that number FOREVER and then they don't have to change my number every time I do. Bunch of babies! :cool:
I will NEVER keep from doing what I need to do just because other people will have something to say. I also don't choose my devices based on other people's opinions. I do extensive research before I decide on something (usually) so when I get it, I rarely regret it. In the case of the Note, I have always wanted one and after finally getting the N3, I now wonder what in the world took me so long? I LOVE this phone and everything it does. Amazing.

GadgetMomma

Jan 28, 2010
jennbailey0706.wordpress.com

I love my Note 3. I was an absolute Apple addict (and honestly still love and have no issues with my iPad and iMac) until I decided to try the S4. Absolutely loved it, but after I got used to the bigger size, I decided I wanted an even bigger one! So I got the Note, and it.is.awesome.

To answer a couple of your questions. The battery life is great. I have no problems making it through a full day - and by full I mean 7am till about 10 or 11 at night. It does vary sometimes depending on my usage, but the only time I charge it throughout the day is if I know I'm going to be somewhere that evening that I may be using my phone a lot and want to make sure I have enough charge (like my sons soccer game last night). But typically, it lasts me a day, sometimes more. Beats the pants off my iPhone. My phone is the central information manager at my house. Calendar, lists, notes, texts, internet, and of course phone. :) I think you'll pleased with the life of the battery,

I honestly had no problems with TouchWiz, but one of my reasons for wanting an Android was the customization, so I downloaded Nova Launcher. I'm not a huge customizer, I typically stick with the same basic layout, but I change my theme, wallpaper, icons, etc on a regular basis. I read in another post how someone just didn't want to get into that, thought it was too time consuming, and it can be if you're really wanting to switch out the way your phone looks (which is awesome). But there are so many easy apps, launchers, themes, etc, that it's easy to get a whole new look to your phone in just a few taps, and not have to deal with TouchWiz at all. (Having said that, I will be honest and say that upon first getting my phone, I make sure a bunch of TouchWiz settings are off, as well as AT&T bloat ware turned off and updates uninstalled). As far as speed goes, I haven't had any trouble with the speed of my phone, either when it was on stock TouchWiz or using a launcher. I try to do good job of keeping stuff cleaned up and cleared out, but I honestly have never not been able to use my phone when I wanted to because of a lag or stutter.

I hope that answers a few of your questions. I am absolutely no help when it comes to the price of the phone! :)

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Yeah thanks for the replies guys, ended up waiting because Best Buy raised it back to $299 instead of the $199 sale they were having. Still doing a bunch of research and reading these forums to help ease my mind. Either going to be this or the L1520. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana