I'm an ***** when it comes down to backing up contacts.

seinx

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I had to reset my phone for like, the 4th time this morning. I swear every single time I've done it, I didn't back it up right so each time, all my contacts were lost. So again.....thought I backed my contacts up right and was totally wrong. Over 100 contacts GONE. I tried recovering my contacts every possible way and nothing. Aside from your SD card, what's the best method for you? For whatever reason, I have no contacts stored on my SIM so that's not an option for me. I'm really starting to miss my iPhone :(

EDIT:
The site filtered the "idi0t" in my subject, LOL.

tmozer

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I just made some major changes to my phone and, as suggested, backed up everything to my PC using Kies. Well the changes caused problems so I figured I would restore everything from the complete backup made last night. From the Kies restore menu I could see the backup file I wanted to restore, but I could not get Kies to load it. Kies wanted to use a backup from a week ago. Am I doing something wrong, or does Kies just suck at backups and restores?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have it set up to sync but when I go into Gmail, all I see is a huge list of email addresses and no numbers.

no it sounds like it was not set up to sync Contacts with Gmail. what you are seeing is simply every time you replied to an email in Gmail it auto saved the reply email address as a contact. this is different than your real Contacts with phone numbers that you manually entered.

seinx

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
no it sounds like it was not set up to sync Contacts with Gmail. what you are seeing is simply every time you replied to an email in Gmail it auto saved the reply email address as a contact. this is different than your real Contacts with phone numbers that you manually entered.

How do I find my phone numbers then? I have everything sync'd to Google. Is there a contacts area other than in Gmail?